The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 12th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheGreatImposter
What book is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

collins unit 2 and 4 geog skills very helpful for both as and a2 skills
good luck to everyone and remember to look at the spec. spec tells you everthing you should know
If any one still wants the PowerPoint for part 1 feel free to PM with your email address and I'll forward it to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
advantages and disadvantages of spearmans??
If it was a population paper would they have anything about urban and rural characteristics or house type etc?
Original post by BrendhaUchiha
If it was a population paper would they have anything about urban and rural characteristics or house type etc?

Yes, I can't remember which paper but my teacher was showing us one today and there were 2 figures of housing in different areas and you had to compare characteristics.
The next question also had data about the 2 areas and you had to discuss the data and implications for social welfare.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BrendhaUchiha

that came up in 2013 so probs not
what graphs do we need to know?

All my teacher has told us is all the usual ones- bar line, scatter, dot and then dispersion and histograms?

The AQA spec doesn't give specifics.
Good luck guys
keep calm
you got this!
Any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Minnieh21
Any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher was saying this year it could be standard deviation, because spearman's rank was on last years paper.
going through past questions found this ' outline one technique that you used to present one aspect of your primary research and explain why it was appropriate?
could you talk about analysis or presentation?
what could they ask about standard deviation? btw what are the pros and cons of standard deviation??
Original post by Hammy_23
going through past questions found this ' outline one technique that you used to present one aspect of your primary research and explain why it was appropriate?
could you talk about analysis or presentation?

It says present so do not talk about anaysis otherwise you'll get 0 marks. You could talk about scatter graphs and why they're useful e.g. they can show you correlations and detect any anomalies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It says present so do not talk about anaysis otherwise you'll get 0 marks. You could talk about scatter graphs and why they're useful e.g. they can show you correlations and detect any anomalies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you yep thought so but got confused haha
don't think presentation will come though probably analysis
Original post by Hammy_23
thank you yep thought so but got confused haha
don't think presentation will come though probably analysis

Analysis came up last summer so I wouldn't discard presentation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Analysis came up last summer so I wouldn't discard presentation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, it was presentation last year
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-GEOG2-QP-JUN14-CR.PDF
I think that the 2nd half of the paper was alright actually... it was the first half that i dreaded the most!
How did everyone find that? I think it went quite well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending