The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 12th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TimmyR
What area?
anywhere East London?
I'm sure uni students would be welcoming wherever right

Well I live in South London... so xD

Uni students generally are welcoming, I mean we're all in the same boat as them and shying away/being rude to others won't get you anywhere

Tower Hamlets :frown:
That's where QMUL is on Mile End.
I'm not against muslims, but apparently there is a high concentration there? are those sharia patrols going on? lmao
Original post by Blosss
Do grade boundaries get released on Wednesday?

They do :smile:
Original post by Velocity_
I believe the boundary to be 71-75 for an A

Really can't see it being 75! haha, was definitely harder than last year
http://prntscr.com/82s4jj dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnn! D:
Original post by Sacred Ground

I think it'll range from 67-71 at least for an A :smile:
Original post by Blosss
I think it'll range from 67-71 at least for an A :smile:

Yeah :smile: I reckon 67
Original post by Blosss
Do grade boundaries get released on Wednesday?

Yes. All main exam boards (Edexcel, AQA, OCR, WJEC) release on Wednesday.

I did this exam last year and by far, last year exam was MUCH harder. The wording was far more ambiguous. I believe minimum it will be 71, max 75. I just can't see it being less, sorry but as much as i would love it to be as low as possible its what i think. I pray im wrong.

I thought the exam was pretty easy, i did some stupid mistakes and one question i barely answered (badly) which was the Ria/fjord question in Coast (4 marks).
I vaguely remember what i wrote but i worked my marks just after the exam and wrote them down in my phone and i think i got around 63-73. Large variety but tbh its hard to know what you did in this kind of exam.
Anyone know what topics they are doing next year in A2 geography?
I did this exam last year and by far, last year exam was MUCH harder. The wording was far more ambiguous. I believe minimum it will be 71, max 75. I just can't see it being less, sorry but as much as i would love it to be as low as possible its what i think. I pray im wrong.

I thought the exam was pretty easy, i did some stupid mistakes and one question i barely answered (badly) which was the Ria/fjord question in Coast (4 marks).
I vaguely remember what i wrote but i worked my marks just after the exam and wrote them down in my phone and i think i got around 63-73. Large variety but tbh its hard to know what you did in this kind of exam.

Did you retake?
Original post by yashkp25
I think I wrote about pingos and ice wedges. But hopefully I got around 80 marks. I estimated frequently again and again during the exam trying to figure out how many marks I got on each question. I did the same for maths, but that didn't go as well.

Yeah pingos was my other one! I think I'll be at about 60 marks. I'm so mad at myself because this entire year in past papers I've gotten 2 Bs, and I've messed this exam up so badly that I'm definitely not going to get an A. Ugh
Anyone know what topics they are doing next year in A2 geography?

Plate Tectonics and Associated Hazards, Ecosystems and Contemporary Conflicts and Challenges.

You can see the question paper on this forum! I looked through it today and now it seems easy haha! I did last years paper for my mock and got 96, this was so much harder - but hey, it's subjective mate. I also found the Ria question stupid :frown: I went for the Ria drawing and found a mark-scheme answer for it, only reckon I've got 2/4 because you had to write about specific depth of the ria :/
Yeah :smile: I reckon 67

that would be incredible - but I doubt it would be that low.
Original post by hannb98
Yeah pingos was my other one! I think I'll be at about 60 marks. I'm so mad at myself because this entire year in past papers I've gotten 2 Bs, and I've messed this exam up so badly that I'm definitely not going to get an A. Ugh

Don't worry, you can always build upon it next year (if you take it next year). Think of it like this, if AS has an A* grade, you would have got an A.
Original post by Blosss
Plate Tectonics and Associated Hazards, Ecosystems and Contemporary Conflicts and Challenges.

I'm doing Plate Tectonics, Ecosystems, World Cities, Development Gap.
Original post by hannb98
that would be incredible - but I doubt it would be that low.

Was only 69 last year, haha
Don't worry, you can always build upon it next year (if you take it next year). Think of it like this, if AS has an A* grade, you would have got an A.

That's actually a very good way to think about it hahaha
Original post by hannb98
That's actually a very good way to think about it hahaha

I honestly don't see why AS doesn't have A*. Then my mocks would have been AABD.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending