The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Graduate Entry Nursing - Nottingham, January 2016

Hi all,

Just wondering who has applied to the MSc Nursing (pre-reg) course at Nottingham. I've applied with a background in healthcare and a BSc (Hons) Natural Sciences.

Hope to how others are getting on

Scroll to see replies

I've applied for four BSc courses, and the MSc Mental Health Nursing at Nottingham. I've actually applied for Nottingham's BSc too; I really wanna go there! I come from a background of art, oddly enough. About to finish my BA in Fine Art! :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I have applied for MSc graduate entry adult nursing jan 2016 entry from a biomedical science background and NHSP experience. Still waiting on the offer but they requested for home student proof. Does this kinda mean I'm being considered and has anyone got offers yet?
Reply 3
I'm just about to apply for graduate entry to Mental Health, I'm from a Biomedical Sci background. Has anyone been accepted ? Just wondering if anyone has had an interview and how it went. Regards kim
No interview yet still waiting. You will get accepted with relevant experience.
Reply 5
Same here - I applied for the children's branch. Haven't got replies yet but got an email saying it's with the school of health sciences now. :smile: I am completely obsessed with checking my email for any news.. :frown:

I have a BSc Animal Science from Nottingham and I currently work as a healthcare assistant. :smile:

Im so anxious - I really want to get in. :frown:

Anyone got any news about the interviews? All I know is they are sometime in April (that's what we got told at the open day).
Original post by Kwilcox
I'm just about to apply for graduate entry to Mental Health, I'm from a Biomedical Sci background. Has anyone been accepted ? Just wondering if anyone has had an interview and how it went. Regards kim

Hey I got an email saying They will be in touch soon with an interview date! Have you heard anything?
Reply 7
Hello, I was just wondering when is the deadline for applying for this course? Is it still January 12th 2015 even though the course doesn't start till January 2016? Thanks in advance!
Original post by swaph1990
Hello, I was just wondering when is the deadline for applying for this course? Is it still January 12th 2015 even though the course doesn't start till January 2016? Thanks in advance!

Hey no I applied like at the end of January close to feb they kept it open a little while longer, if you ring up the uni they will let you know but currently I think they are sorting out interviews so id ring them asap
Reply 9
Received my interview pack today - interview on 9th April!! :smile:

Bur it's a multiple mini interview format so I'm really nervous! :frown:

Anybody else got theirs?
Reply 10
Hey, applied for graduate entry mental health nursing! Has anyone else? And if so has anyone had an interview?
Ive applied for GE Adult Nursing but not heard Anything about an interview yet 😔 had 2 for York and Hallam and an offer from york already.... hurry up Notts!!
Reply 12
I have an interview for Child Nursing on 8th April. My degree is in Education Studies, I have lots of experience working with children but I haven't got any healthcare experience. I just wondered what kind of experience everyone else has and if anyone else has had an interview for Child Nursing ?
Thanks x
Original post by xhennaa
Hey, applied for graduate entry mental health nursing! Has anyone else? And if so has anyone had an interview?

Me too! Nope just told iv been short listed for an interview
Original post by hvb128
I have an interview for Child Nursing on 8th April. My degree is in Education Studies, I have lots of experience working with children but I haven't got any healthcare experience. I just wondered what kind of experience everyone else has and if anyone else has had an interview for Child Nursing ?
Thanks x

Hey! I'm going for Child nursing too! Got my interview on the 9th April.

I have quite a bit of child experience but not tonnes - worked in schools and in orphanages abroad. Healthcare experience - I have been a healthcare assistant for about 6 months now so I'm hoping it's enough. But it's in the community not hospitals so I don't know if they would be happy with that.. :/

Good luck for the interview!! :smile:
Hey everyone, I have applied for GEN Adult branch. Previous degree was media, but I'm currently on an access to nursing course just to get a human bio foundation. I've got an interview for the 9th of April.

Just had a question about the 5 min presentation we have to produce, does anyone know what it is we need to include in terms of "accurate referencing"? I'm quite unsure :/

Congrats on the interview for those who have gotten to that stage. Hope you hear soon to those who are still waiting!
Original post by FalsettoSlumber
I've applied for four BSc courses, and the MSc Mental Health Nursing at Nottingham. I've actually applied for Nottingham's BSc too; I really wanna go there! I come from a background of art, oddly enough. About to finish my BA in Fine Art! :smile:

I want to go to Nottingham too, i've also applied for the BSc :smile: Good luck in completing your Fine Art degree!
Reply 17
Original post by hvb128
Thanks x

Hello
I also have an interview and come from a similar background to yourself! Have you got to do a presentation? If so how are you finding it? I'm worried I'll forget to say something :frown:
Where's your interview at?
Thanks Claire
Reply 18
Hello
I have an interview for GEN child nursing at Nottingham. I have a degree in Child and Yourh studies and have lots of experiance working with children! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time! How are you finding the presentation I'm worried I might forget to say something!
Claire
Reply 19
Hey everyone,
I have a place for GEN Adult Nursing, January 2016 (I deferred from 2015 entry) so I just wanted to drop by and wish you all good luck for the interviews and hopefully I will be meeting you next January! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending