The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth creative advertising

I have an interview coming up for creative advertising at Falmouth uni and wondered what happens and if I should bring a portfolio or sketchbooks or anything like that?
Heya man, I am currently at Falmouth and on my first year of creative advertising. Whilst I myself did not bring a portfolio. I had a couple of youtube links of my previous film work on youtube so I just used that instead.
Basically if you have work you are proud of you should bring it along! And the main thing that "wowed" them at the interviews was the fact I had made TV advertisements for previous projects. So if you have any print advertisements or films from a previous course make sure to prioritise those over other bits of work.

Basically they try to judge you on your creativity more than anything else. So just make sure to bring what you think is good work and if you do have work from advertising in the past make sure to bring that along too.

Just make sure you get what you want out of the interview, ask them whatever you like. Since apparently I got in to the course mainly because of my enthusiasm and passion for the subject.

Best of luck friend!
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Hi jack!
I'm hoping to come to Falmouth in sept, grades dependant. I know this might sound silly but what would I need for the course? Like computer wise will I need something that can handle photoshop, illustrator etc ? Or just one for essays and presentations? Anything that you found yourself getting that yu needed?? Millie
Reply 3
Falmouth is letting in so called substandard students, in bid to boost profits. You'll get in even if you're bad! (Which I doubt you are)

Quick Reply

Latest