The Student Room Group
Reply 1
dd1989
I'm scared to click "View All" incase I find a mistake, people keep asking me at school "Can i just see what you did for this part of the form" and I just say no, cause if I found a mistake, omg, I'd feel ****! :eek:

Yeh I know what you mean, I felt the same...but then I thought wouldn't it be better to find out if there are mistakes and rectify them sooner rather than later? One of my friends ticked the box saying he had a criminal record by mistake, so he had to contact all the universities he applied to change it :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Lmao, If i found a mistake in the PS There would be nothing i could do though, call my unis and tell them i reall can spell :P
Reply 3
It's not going to change if you look at it so you may as well. I've looked at mine and not seen any mistakes luckily. :biggrin:
I went through a stage of reading it constantly. And then of worrying over my reference because my tutor made a right mess of it. Now i go on track religously to check that i still got my offer. I think its making me neurotic
Reply 5
lol, you know the first time I looked at mine I found a mistake in the qualifications section (wrong examination board), and funnily enough one of my friends found that he put himself down as non-eu student. So it might be a good Idea to just look over it once after it's been sent (not so much the personal statement, but everything else).
Reply 6
dd1989
Lmao, If i found a mistake in the PS There would be nothing i could do though, call my unis and tell them i reall can spell :P

Irony?
Even if there is a mistake, there's nothing you can do about it so there's no point in worrying.
I recommend looking the application over just in case. I didn't do it, and on Friday I got an e-mail from Glasgow asking for the subjects I took and the grades I obtained in the Finnish matriculation examination. I was a bit puzzled because I'd put them in the application which I sent to UCAS. So, I checked Track, and I couldn't find my qualifications. :eek: I had to e-mail all the unis I'd applied to in order to let them know my grades. Of course UCAS had lost the most important qualifications I hold. :mad: It wouldn't have been so bad if they'd lost my secondary school leaving certificates...
Reply 9
I looked at mine about a week after I had sent it off and found a typo in my personal statement. I still got 2 offers the next day. :cool:
Reply 10
i looked at mine..it turns out i clicked that i'm staying at home in Manchester and Sheffield even though i live in London=_="
I sent mine off about a month and a half ago.
I still haven't dared look.
Reply 12
When I looked at my PS on track it had deleted all the page breaks so it was all in just one big chunk. I made sure when I wrote it that it had paragraphs because I reckon it looksd better, I had the room to do it all.

Has this happened to anybody else??
everyone
Reply 14
Joffy
When I looked at my PS on track it had deleted all the page breaks so it was all in just one big chunk. I made sure when I wrote it that it had paragraphs because I reckon it looksd better, I had the room to do it all.

Has this happened to anybody else??

yeh that happens on track to everyone.

I looked at mine like the day after i sent it, and found a huge syntax error which i was soo stressed about coz the sentence just made no sense lol, but i sit here 6weeks later with 4offers and 2interviews so it cant have mattered that much lol.
It looks like that on Track, but the universities see it the way you originally typed it, with breaks.
Reply 16
I've looked at my UCAS form several times since I've sent it and so far i haven't noticed any mistakes, I would have a heart attack if i did. I've stopped looking at my personal statement because i've read it so many times that i know it by heart and i've gotten sick of reading it.
I just had another look after I sent mine today, and I noticed on the 2nd sentence I spelt initial wrong :redface: (I put inital). After 2 checks by me and a friend checking it as well neither of us spotted it, and looking back it is quite to hard to notice unless you really look at it rather than breeze over when reading. Hopefully this won't mean too much...I don't think Japanese studies is the most sought after course (I hope so anyway).

A few minutes ago I stuck my statement in a new word processing package I have just to check and found it underlined organisation and travelling (they came up as organization and traveling), the corrections are US spellings right?

Latest

Trending

Trending