The Student Room Group

UCAS application

Is anyone else getting an issue with UCAS saying it is temporarily unavailable?
I just finished my statement and wanted to submit it today on my application.
My college deadline is tomorrow. (Even though my uni deadlines are in Jan). Should I wait till 6 pm tomorrow to submit it since that is when all the services will be open.
Also will my tutors send off my references and predicted grades themselves? Idk if I should wait till I get more information on those before submitting my application?
Reply 1
I've just checked and UCAS seems to be functioning okay - so it may have been a temporary blip.

When you 'pay and send' this sends your application to your school for them to add your predicted grades and reference, and once completed, they actually send it to UCAS.

As you have observed, any deadline set by an individual school is totally artificial and the actual deadline is not until January.
Stop worrying.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
I've just checked and UCAS seems to be functioning okay - so it may have been a temporary blip.

When you 'pay and send' this sends your application to your school for them to add your predicted grades and reference, and once completed, they actually send it to UCAS.

As you have observed, any deadline set by an individual school is totally artificial and the actual deadline is not until January.
Stop worrying.

Thank you so much.
Could I still edit my application if I wanted to? I was told that my tutor could send my application to me if I needed to add something
Reply 3
Original post by Syed998
Thank you so much.
Could I still edit my application if I wanted to? I was told that my tutor could send my application to me if I needed to add something

If you have nor done 'pay and send' you will still have access to it on Hub.
If you have done this but your school have not yet sent it to UCAS, they can 'send it back' to you for corrections etc.
Once the school have sent it to UCAS, that's it, its gone.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger

Stop worrying.

I just submitted it now the systems gone ok now. Thanks for the help!!
Reply 5
Original post by Syed998
Is anyone else getting an issue with UCAS saying it is temporarily unavailable?
I just finished my statement and wanted to submit it today on my application.
My college deadline is tomorrow. (Even though my uni deadlines are in Jan). Should I wait till 6 pm tomorrow to submit it since that is when all the services will be open.
Also will my tutors send off my references and predicted grades themselves? Idk if I should wait till I get more information on those before submitting my application?

This exact same situation just happened to me lol -- it made me panic for a moment
Reply 6
Original post by ajde_2
This exact same situation just happened to me lol -- it made me panic for a moment

It still the same for me
it saying that this service is currently unavailable.
Reply 7
Original post by 670351
It still the same for me
it saying that this service is currently unavailable.

Looks like they are doing maintenance this weekend. You can check the status of UCAS services here (and it says the application system is unavailable until midnight on 5th Nov):

https://www.ucas.com/status
Don't panic, UCAS is undergoing maintenance this weekend. It should be up and running by Monday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending