The Student Room Group

Primary Education Interviews

I recently sent off my UCAS application for Primary Education and have two interviews on Wednesday, are there any specific questions that may have stumped you that could come up, I tend to get very nervous and feel under pressure when getting interviewed and tend to stutter a lot, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
heyy im in the same position as you but ive not done any interviews yet, my schools just checking my UCAS form then it’ll be sent off. im applying to Reading, UWE, BCU, York St John and Winchester.
i can’t speak for primary teaching interviews specifically, but in my interview for my current job (tutor) we had quite a few questions about how you’d approach certain sitsustions, so it might be useful to research different teaching and classroom management techniques, also we were asked how to explain certain concepts (like how to multiply fractions), so could be useful to brush up on the curriculum if you can. id also imagine they’d ask about work experience, because a lot of courses require it, so remind yourself of what you’ve done and how it’s relevant, if you haven’t got any try and research more, maybe watch tv shows about schools (im thinking the secret life of four year olds for example) and videos / podcasts with techniques or experiences

best of luck x
Reply 2
Original post by charves14
heyy im in the same position as you but ive not done any interviews yet, my schools just checking my UCAS form then it’ll be sent off. im applying to Reading, UWE, BCU, York St John and Winchester.
i can’t speak for primary teaching interviews specifically, but in my interview for my current job (tutor) we had quite a few questions about how you’d approach certain sitsustions, so it might be useful to research different teaching and classroom management techniques, also we were asked how to explain certain concepts (like how to multiply fractions), so could be useful to brush up on the curriculum if you can. id also imagine they’d ask about work experience, because a lot of courses require it, so remind yourself of what you’ve done and how it’s relevant, if you haven’t got any try and research more, maybe watch tv shows about schools (im thinking the secret life of four year olds for example) and videos / podcasts with techniques or experiences

best of luck x

omg i’m applying for reading and uwe too and thank you smm for the advice hopefully your interviews when you send off your application go well
Reply 3
Original post by amina.38s
omg i’m applying for reading and uwe too and thank you smm for the advice hopefully your interviews when you send off your application go well

I very much doubt you'd be asked about multiplying fractions! Read some onine articles about current teaching issues

https://www.tes.com/magazine

Education news on BBC website or Guardian website
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
I very much doubt you'd be asked about multiplying fractions! Read some onine articles about current teaching issues

https://www.tes.com/magazine

Education news on BBC website or Guardian website

very much appreciate this thank you sm!!
Reply 5
Original post by amina.38s

you too! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending