The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Hold

Hi guys, its been 8 weeks since I've been put on hold for bristol. How/ should i contact them?
Reply 1
!!!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi guys, its been 8 weeks since I've been put on hold for bristol. How/ should i contact them?

Why do you need to contact them? They'll make a decision when they're ready -- and they have until 16th May to make that decision.
Reply 3
Original post by martin7

Why do you need to contact them? They'll make a decision when they're ready -- and they have until 16th May to make that decision.

It says they’ll get back to you within 5-8 weeks
Reply 4
It says they’ll get back to you within 5-8 weeks

Where did you see that?

The only information I'm aware of is at https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/your-application/decision/ -- which doesn't mention a timescale. Obviously I haven't seen any emails/letters they've sent to you, and maybe that's where you've seen the 5-8 week timescale.
Reply 5
Original post by martin7

Where did you see that?

The only information I'm aware of is at https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/your-application/decision/ -- which doesn't mention a timescale. Obviously I haven't seen any emails/letters they've sent to you, and maybe that's where you've seen the 5-8 week timescale.

So they say they will respond/ make aware of the application 5 weeks. After putting you on hold they’ll come w a decision within 8 weeks
Reply 6
So they say they will respond/ make aware of the application 5 weeks. After putting you on hold they’ll come w a decision within 8 weeks

Yes, but who is "they"? Where are you reading this -- is it in a letter or an email from Bristol's admissions team? Is it on one of Bristol's web pages?
Even if you get in touch, they'll just give you another approx timescale. As above, they have until May regardless of what guidance they're giving out.
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
Even if you get in touch, they'll just give you another approx timescale. As above, they have until May regardless of what guidance they're giving out.

Since I have all my offers and others are applying for accommodation should I wait for Bristol or ??
Original post by Anonymous
Since I have all my offers and others are applying for accommodation should I wait for Bristol or ??

I'd wait, there's no rush to be making decisions before Easter at the earliest. Your other choices should not have started allocating acommodation yet.
Original post by Admit-One

I'd wait, there's no rush to be making decisions before Easter at the earliest. Your other choices should not have started allocating acommodation yet.

I’ll trust you since I’m in gcs where everyone has already firmed😅😅
Bristol really sucks, most people are on hold and seriously it is not the best!
Original post by Anonymous #2

It rlly is, it’s not even in my top 3 but they really slow down other processes like accommodation etc!!
Original post by Anonymous #2

It rlly puts you off going to Bristol
It rlly puts you off going to Bristol
exactly, it really puts me off going there & it is not my top choice either! they should just reject us if they think we are not good enough, putting everyone on hold gives false hope!
Folks, they have until May. Just withdraw the Bristol choice if it's frustrating you that they operate within the UCAS timescales.

(Just don't withdraw your entire application.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending