The Student Room Group

Organization examples help plz!

Hi all,

For my assignment, about technology in the modern organization, i really should have a couple of examples of real organizations which have been impacted (for the better or worse) by technology.

I was thinking something similar to ,Artic Monkeys using p2p (technology) to market their product and thus leading to them becoming succesful. but i dont think bands count as a business really.

Does anyone know any of the top of their head please?

thanks for the help!,

Ib
Reply 1
You could any range of companies,

from restaurants that now use technology to keep track of tables, orders and menu's to retailers that now use technology to sell their products online and reach a wider, potentially global audience.

Theres been a lot in the news about ebay recently, and how the technology they innovated has allowed many businesses, not only individuals, to have an online presence selling their products when they otherwise might not have had the expertise to do so.

When you say 'organization' however, I assume you mean a larger business. Technology's widest implication is that of communication. You could talk about how many companies have had to adapt working practices to include new technology, such as homeworking, intranets and video conferencing - all with their own distinct advantages and disadvantages.
Reply 2
McDonald's using those touch screen PDA's to take orders.

Argos using a new computer system to transmit orders from the order point to the warehouse, and then the warehouse to the collection point.

Asda using machines that allow people to scan and pay for their own shopping.

But again, these are fairly niche/specific examples, in the bigger picture, Alchemy's last paragraph expresses it very well.

Latest

Trending

Trending