The Student Room Group
Leeds Conservatoire
Leeds

Leeds College of Music 2015 - Have you received an offer?

Hey :-)

I'm Jemma and I graduated from LCoM in July 2014. I just wondered if anyone has received an offer from LCoM yet?!

If so, what course are you going to study?

I remember what it was like when I was having to choose a uni and I had SO many questions! If you have any questions about courses or LCoM life in general, then feel free to ask! I'd love to help :-)

Jemma
Original post by Leeds College of Music
Hey :-)

I'm Jemma and I graduated from LCoM in July 2014. I just wondered if anyone has received an offer from LCoM yet?!

If so, what course are you going to study?

I remember what it was like when I was having to choose a uni and I had SO many questions! If you have any questions about courses or LCoM life in general, then feel free to ask! I'd love to help :-)

Jemma

I have been accepted to the popular music course, lucky because I got given a scholarship as well :redface: , however I got accepted by LIPA also, so I'm goin to study there instead...
Leeds Conservatoire
Leeds
Oh nice! Congrats!! Good luck with it all :-)
Reply 3
I applied to the BA Jazz course, got rejected, and then got an offer for the Foundation Certificate course to do Jazz, which I've accepted as my firm choice. I really like the idea of having an extra year at Leeds to work on my playing. Does anyone have anything to say about this course?
Hey!

After seeing your post I got in touch with one of our BA Jazz students who previously studied on the Foundation Certificate course to give you an idea of his experience and how he found the course. I hope this helps! :smile:

Let me know if you have any other questions
Jemma

I enrolled on the Foundation Certificate two years ago now, year 2012. My reason sounds similar to yours, I didn't feel my playing was adequate to get me through the degree, I also live nearby and wasn't sure whether Leeds was the city for me. The Foundation Certificate is a great course if you're willing to put the effort, on the Jazz side of things, I had the excellent tutor; Simon Kaylor (amazing tenor sax player!). He was a great influence on telling me what I should practice and what parts of my playing need work. He was also great for letting me know on the interview process and how best to get places on various conservatoire courses. I also got to learn more about classical, pop and production which interested me a lot! I also loved Leeds and spending 4 years here instead of 3 was a decision I'm very thankful I made!

Reply 5
Hi Jenna, thanks very much for getting back to me, and thanks a lot to the person you asked! :smile: Also, I don't suppose you know when any freshers group for 2015/16 is going up on Facebook or the like?
Original post by Rorym865
Hi Jenna, thanks very much for getting back to me, and thanks a lot to the person you asked! :smile: Also, I don't suppose you know when any freshers group for 2015/16 is going up on Facebook or the like?

Hi Rory!

Sorry for the late response, I believe it'll be around the end of May! :smile:

All the best
Jemma
Got a firm offer confirmed for popular music! Excited/nervous/everything else you could be feeling!
Reply 8
I have a conditional offer for a degree in classical performance with scholarship.
Original post by ingridmusic
Got a firm offer confirmed for popular music! Excited/nervous/everything else you could be feeling!

Congratulations Ingrid!

You should be completely excited, it was the best three years of my life!

If you have any questions about the course or general uni life at LCoM, give me a shout! :-)

Jemma
Original post by pianist01
I have a conditional offer for a degree in classical performance with scholarship.

Hey!

Congrats on the scholarship!

If you have any questions about anything to do with LCoM, just give me a shout!

Jemma
Hi Jemma! I was wondering, did you stay in Joseph Stones house? I would really like to know what my room will be like in September, Ive just got my letter saying I'm in flat 604, room A which I think is a superior room? I've been told this is a bit bigger than the other rooms but I don't know exactly! Also waiting on an invitation day for popular music, hoping it'll happen anyway!
Thanks!
Ingrid
Hi Ingrid!

Yes I did. The rooms are great, really spacious with lots of storage and every room has an ensuite. Some rooms are bigger than others but they vary :-)

I've just spoken to Rachael who I believe emailed you yesterday? She's said that if you come on the 19th, she's sorting out a room for you to have a look at!

Jemma
Hi Ingrid!

Yes I did. The rooms are great, really spacious with lots of storage and every room has an ensuite. Some rooms are bigger than others but they vary :-)

I've just spoken to Rachael who I believe emailed you yesterday? She's said that if you come on the 19th, she's sorting out a room for you to have a look at!

Jemma

Thanks so much Jemma that's great to know! Yes I'll be there on the 19th to see some performances too, I can't wait!
Hi! So I auditioned for Leeds on the 16th of February. I guess it went alright! I did get mixed feelings about the College, and really really good vibes from the city, which is important as I'm wanting to be do music professionally, and where's better than Leeds for gigging other than London, really? (I got an offer from Hull, a city I don't think much to at all but the Uni's good!)

This was over three months ago. I've been completely on the edge of my seat, restless nights worrying about this. About two months in I got a letter from them apologising, saying they still had more people to audition and my response would be Monday, April 27th. Heard nothing, rang on the Tuesday, the woman sounded really busy and apologised and said she'd get on it. Still heard nothing. Tried again on the Friday, same thing. Tried yesterday, she said the exact same thing, that she'd have to "chase it up with Danny".

Today, 8:17pm I got an email from UCAS. Something updated on Track, went to check, and got the shock of my life!

"Your outstanding decisions have been made unsuccessful due to no reply being received from the universities by the deadline they were given."

Wait what? I stared at it blankly for about twenty minutes. Well this is unexpected... I thought the deadline was late June/Early July. Do I definitely not have a place? Is it even worth ringing them in the morning about it? I'm completely in shock. What do I do now? Aaargh!
Original post by ItsMichaeeel
Hi! So I auditioned for Leeds on the 16th of February. I guess it went alright! I did get mixed feelings about the College, and really really good vibes from the city, which is important as I'm wanting to be do music professionally, and where's better than Leeds for gigging other than London, really? (I got an offer from Hull, a city I don't think much to at all but the Uni's good!)

This was over three months ago. I've been completely on the edge of my seat, restless nights worrying about this. About two months in I got a letter from them apologising, saying they still had more people to audition and my response would be Monday, April 27th. Heard nothing, rang on the Tuesday, the woman sounded really busy and apologised and said she'd get on it. Still heard nothing. Tried again on the Friday, same thing. Tried yesterday, she said the exact same thing, that she'd have to "chase it up with Danny".

Today, 8:17pm I got an email from UCAS. Something updated on Track, went to check, and got the shock of my life!

"Your outstanding decisions have been made unsuccessful due to no reply being received from the universities by the deadline they were given."

Wait what? I stared at it blankly for about twenty minutes. Well this is unexpected... I thought the deadline was late June/Early July. Do I definitely not have a place? Is it even worth ringing them in the morning about it? I'm completely in shock. What do I do now? Aaargh!

Hi,

I've looked into this for you. The vast majority of successful and unsuccessful applicants for our Pop Pathway hear back very quickly after their audition. For those applicants where a decision is harder to make such as yours, we need to take time to process how and where these prospective students will fit into the timetabled groups on the pathway, and this is largely dependent on the quality and number of other applications we receive. This is why we notified you to explain that it would take a while to get back to you. We have had a particularly large number of applicants this academic year, and so it's taken longer than anticipated to process and to investigate ways to accommodate as many applicants as possible without hindering the overall student experience.

We asked you to wait with the best possible motives, but were unfortunately unable to offer you a place - I'm very sorry that it took longer than we expected to give you a definite decision and that you didn’t hear from us before you got this decision via UCAS.

Let me know if you'd like to speak to someone about it, and i'll send you over some contact details.

Thanks
Jemma
Hey!

Congrats on the scholarship!

If you have any questions about anything to do with LCoM, just give me a shout!

Jemma

I was wondering what you have to study during the first year overall? In particular, is there a reading list for first year? I know that they will probably give us this information in Freshers week but I'd really like to get a head start on the work over the summer, if you have any information on that it would be much appreciated.

Charlotte
Hi Charlotte!

What course will you be studying? I'll have a look and see if there is anything you can read :-)

Jemma
Original post by pianist01
I was wondering what you have to study during the first year overall? In particular, is there a reading list for first year? I know that they will probably give us this information in Freshers week but I'd really like to get a head start on the work over the summer, if you have any information on that it would be much appreciated.

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte!

What course will you be studying? I'll have a look and see if there is anything you can read :-)

Jemma

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending