The Student Room Group

Ertegun scholarship 2024

As I haven't seen a dedicated forum for Ertegun scholarships this year, perhaps this space can be used to keep a track of when people are getting interviews and acceptances/rejections?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied for a DPhil Ancient History on jan 5th and have received my college preference but i am still waiting to hear about Ertegun interviews [or any funding]. I’ve seen other departments have started interviewing, but was wondering if this means all department have chosen their nominees.
Reply 2
Any DPhil History applicants?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I applied for a DPhil Ancient History on jan 5th and have received my college preference but i am still waiting to hear about Ertegun interviews [or any funding]. I’ve seen other departments have started interviewing, but was wondering if this means all department have chosen their nominees.
Hi! I was interviewed first week of February and my department confirmed that they nominated me late last week. I was also contacted by the Ertegun admin who requested a CV. I was told that Feb 21st was the unofficial deadline for all departments to confirm their nominations and that scholarships would come out the first two weeks of March! Hope this helps and best of luck!
Original post by Sheriza Ali
Hi! I was interviewed first week of February and my department confirmed that they nominated me late last week. I was also contacted by the Ertegun admin who requested a CV. I was told that Feb 21st was the unofficial deadline for all departments to confirm their nominations and that scholarships would come out the first two weeks of March! Hope this helps and best of luck!
That is incredibly helpful, thank you for sharing!
Reply 5
Very helpful indeed! Thank you for sharing.
Hi! May I ask what is your department?
Same here... I wish we could know how many applicants were nominated and are waiting for the final decision...
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #3
Same here... I wish we could know how many applicants were nominated and are waiting for the final decision...

We were speculating this on the main thread - another poster reckoned 30% of those nominated get the scholarship. Better than the 1 in 100 chance we had at the beginning I guess!
Hi! May I ask what is your department?
Modern Languages!
Original post by tearsoflys
We were speculating this on the main thread - another poster reckoned 30% of those nominated get the scholarship. Better than the 1 in 100 chance we had at the beginning I guess!
From what I know, it's about 15 scholarships to be awarded and there are 50 nominees. So... 30% success rate sounds legit!
Nice! What's your department? I know there's someone in Music and another person in English in the main thread. And I'm in Modern Languages.
Reply 12
Original post by Lightblood
Any DPhil History applicants?
Hey! I applied to DPhil History around Dec 20. Haven’t heard back yet. Have you got any news??
Does anyone have some news regarding the other scholarships and also the acceptance from colleges?
I got my DPhil offer in early February from the faculty of classics and my college offer just under 2 weeks later but nothing since. I haven’t seen anyone from my department on here and was wondering if anyone had any updates?
hello! I got nominated for Ertegun but don't believe I ended up getting it (people from my faculty appear to have received it, which is so exciting for them!!) - I haven't received a formal offer yet though, do we think that's likely? idk if im dumb for assuming I can probably expect good news on the offer front - had 0 expectations for Ertegun as I had 0 expectations of even getting in haha
Hey, Anonymous 5 can I ask what faculty that is? Side note, but if you’re nominated, I think that means you can expect an offer!
Hey, Anonymous 5 can I ask what faculty that is? Side note, but if you’re nominated, I think that means you can expect an offer!
it's music! and i have heard of two other ppl receiving ertegun in this faculty just from browsing various forums etc :smile:)
ik i should be a bit sad, but im too excited about the prospect of an offer lol
@ Anonymous 5 Thanks for responding! Yes, the persons who I heard have been offered the scholarship are in music as well from what I understand. I believe we're thinking about the same people then! I'll hold out hope that I'll hear back from my department tomorrow then (FMML).

You're extremely likely to get an offer if you were one of the nominees though!
yay best of luck to you! even if you're not lucky with Ertegun I hope something good works out for you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending