The Student Room Group

University College Utrecht

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Nomadlife,
I am not sure, but I think Dutch people in general are pretty inviting towards foreigners.

Has anybody applying for the fall already received an offer? I recently had my interview but I haven't heard anything yet. And do they send you an offer by mail or post? Nervous...
Reply 941
Original post by useeu
Nomadlife,
I am not sure, but I think Dutch people in general are pretty inviting towards foreigners.

Has anybody applying for the fall already received an offer? I recently had my interview but I haven't heard anything yet. And do they send you an offer by mail or post? Nervous...

I had an interview invitation come through just a few days ago. Their website says we shouldn't be expecting offers until March if you have completed qualifications or even later if you're not early decision.
Reply 942
I still haven't received mine... I am so nervous - I haven't heard from them for ages and it's only few weeks left until March.
Reply 943
Original post by HeyYouSee
I still haven't received mine... I am so nervous - I haven't heard from them for ages and it's only few weeks left until March.

I was also worried about my application, which I sent back in December, but yesterday an interview invitation came through, so don't worry, it'll come :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 944
Thanks for the encouragement :-) what were the dates suggested for your interview?
Reply 945
It's a bit off topic, but is anyone else going to University College of Roosevelt Open Day tomorrow?
thoughts on UCR, how similar/different is it to UCU?
Reply 947
Accepted to study at UCU!!! :biggrin:

Anyone else who already knows?
Original post by useeu
Accepted to study at UCU!!! :biggrin:

Anyone else who already knows?

Got my email too :smile: see you there!
Reply 949
Original post by jmatireland
Got my email too :smile: see you there!

Nice! :biggrin:
Reply 950
I had my UCU interview last week and it went really well! You thinking of going there for the fall semester?
Reply 951
Original post by benjibult
I had my UCU interview last week and it went really well! You thinking of going there for the fall semester?

Yup! Fall semester
How about you?
Reply 952
Yea fall semester! Got my acceptance for 24 in the IB (pass), which is amaaazzinngg!
I've already accepted their offer, but I got an offer from U of St Andrews for Sustainable Development with a conditional for IB 36. So I'm gonna have to wait till July to know my final results and know what uni to go to! :biggrin:
Excited for any of them nonetheless
Reply 953
Hi guys! I'm applying for spring 2015. But I'm full of doubts about everything since i am a chinese student finishing the portuguese education system. I have no ideia what exams i need in order to get in and what grades do I need in those exams (in portugal you take individual exams of different subjecs and people usually choose two of them according to their field). I have no idea if my school grades matter, and if it does, what is the minimum required? I would feel reeeally great if someone could help me on this! :smile:
Reply 954
I've decided to make UCU my first choice if they accept me in May, my interview went alright so here's hoping :smile:

Original post by jinrui
Hi guys! I'm applying for spring 2015. But I'm full of doubts about everything since i am a chinese student finishing the portuguese education system. I have no ideia what exams i need in order to get in and what grades do I need in those exams (in portugal you take individual exams of different subjecs and people usually choose two of them according to their field). I have no idea if my school grades matter, and if it does, what is the minimum required? I would feel reeeally great if someone could help me on this! :smile:

If you don't have completed qualifications they'll tell you what they want you to get. I'm assuming you will have if you're applying for spring but just apply and they'll tell you :biggrin: the average for dutch students is equivalent to a high B/ low A and they say to aim for around that for other education systems (so around 75-80%)
Reply 955
Original post by Akanai
I've decided to make UCU my first choice if they accept me in May, my interview went alright so here's hoping :smile:

If you don't have completed qualifications they'll tell you what they want you to get. I'm assuming you will have if you're applying for spring but just apply and they'll tell you :biggrin: the average for dutch students is equivalent to a high B/ low A and they say to aim for around that for other education systems (so around 75-80%)

I predictions is that I will have no lower than 16 in 20 (which is about 80%), and then I will have the grades of my exams (I hope I get slighty better than my school results). I´ve done a bunch of extracurricular stuff like working in restaurants, compete in wrestling, being in the student's associantion (and working hard), performing profissionally in both dancing and acting. :biggrin: Do you think i've got good chances of getting in?
Reply 956
Original post by jinrui
I predictions is that I will have no lower than 16 in 20 (which is about 80%), and then I will have the grades of my exams (I hope I get slighty better than my school results). I´ve done a bunch of extracurricular stuff like working in restaurants, compete in wrestling, being in the student's associantion (and working hard), performing profissionally in both dancing and acting. :biggrin: Do you think i've got good chances of getting in?

Sounds like you'll be fine, but don't take my word for it!
Reply 957
Just got accepted to study Economics and Business Economics!!!
Reply 958
Original post by calvinlaurent
congratulations! i'm just wondering though, if you're going to study economics/business econ, why not erasmus university rotterdam (EUR) or its university college, EUC? it's definitely the best university to study econ in the netherlands. erasmus' profile in that subject is world-class. but ucu is a great school nevertheless and a friend of mine is actually graduating from ucu this year :smile:

I did apply to Rotterdam but was rejected, my grades weren't the best. I am still happy though, Utrecht appears to be the better city from what I have heard.

For those of you who are required to attend an interview, what are you applying for?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 959
Is anyone planning on applying to UCU/other university colleges for next year (September 2015)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending