The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

G4ry
The Honda "cogs" advert. It's actually all real, except for the tyre stunt which they used weights inside the tyre for it to roll uphill. It's very impressive.

I also have the DVD of that. I've never watched it though.
Reply 21
this may sound lame but i like the Halifax (sorry if spelt wrong) advert with the man that always singing. i kinda think its funny.
i don't like the one with the hedgehog and the night fever song.

ps i also like the one with Thierry henry and the famous phrase Va va voom. (i may be biased 'cause i support Arsenal) :smile:
i did like the one with johnny vegas and the ones with chris moyles.
Reply 23
All those Tango adverts up until the blackcurrant Tango ad with the boxing ring and the Harriers
Also the blackcurrant Tango poster ads that said "don't slag it off until you try it, then slag it off"
Reply 24
My fave, is a powerball ad. There are 2 young guys who are checking in to their flight and one goes..

"Excuse me, but wed like to upgrade our tickets."
Air hostess- "Sir, you are already in first class"
and then one starts doing dr evil impressions "Upgrade not possible, upgrade not possible..."
While the other is doing an impression of "the monopoly man" form Ace Ventura. "First class?"
The dr evil guy says "do we get slippers?" a woman walks past with a cattle class ticket, "No slippers for you madam."

god it sounds terrible here, but it is so funny.
I quite like the tetra pak advert <cringes> just because of the music.
Reply 26
Many of the football ones!
Especially the one where there was the match b/w brazil and portugal where the players got a bit side-tracked!
Reply 27
The latest Carling one where the whole town starts playing football, just because of the "ooo-ooh, ooo-ooo-ooh" music really! Very catchy...

The new Pringles add with the platypus is just annoying, and the Currys Linda Barker ones. Die woman, die!
Amb1
What's your favourite advert? I really like the Imperial Leather dancing rubber duck one and the Evian synchronised swimming baby one. The worst ones for me are the Tesco ones and the car insurance ones with Michael Winner in them.

synchronised swimming babies really suck.

i like the one on tarrant on tv japan special where the australian woman says to the japanese guy"why do you have to go?" and he repeats over "no time to explain. must get back to japan!" or something. anyway this repeats over ant the man climbs into a plane and the woman chucks one of her shoes at the plane as its flying. the shoe hooks onto the wing and the man climbs out to unhook it but it then attaches to the tail so he climbs over but falls off and so he flaps his arms in typical humor fashion and flies off.
it then displays the question:Q) why do the japanese always return to japan?
A) great TV

this had me almost rolling on the floor in laughter. oh yeah i like any other adverts that appaer on tarrant on tv.
There's a good one for Haribo with the family in the aiport (only seen it once so not sure if they still play it) and one I saw last night during "faking it" for weedkiller (singing frog). The Churchill advert's beginning to grate a little now..
"i'm a businessman, not a conman"

classic:smile:
Reply 31
I can't remember what it's for, but that advert where all those people are playing football, and the ball goes in the back of a truck, so they get on their scooters and go chasing after the truck to the Italian Job music is rather amusing.
I really hate that milshake advert where the white family suddenly starts singing in the dulcet tones of a Rastaman.

Michael Winner is classic though! Especially when your pissed.

I must admit to watching the abominable ChannelU for its adverts
- the Java Games one is hilarious!!!
Reply 33
i would say RENAULT megana i really like the song
Sianabanana
There's a good one for Haribo with the family in the aiport (only seen it once so not sure if they still play it) and one I saw last night during "faking it" for weedkiller (singing frog). The Churchill advert's beginning to grate a little now..

"...It's the easy-peasy way to get the lawn of your dreams!" Excellent! I love the ones (Tango?!) with, "That's the hit of the whole fruit." "6.9, woof!" "It's all getting a little... bit... tense." Genius!
Reply 35
Its gotta be the Bravil Vs Portugal Nike advert. SOOOOOO cool. Ronaldinhos little flick around with his foot is well cool - but then he just gets absoloutely CROPPED by the ref! well funny.
TheMutantGerbil
"...It's the easy-peasy way to get the lawn of your dreams!" Excellent! I love the ones (Tango?!) with, "That's the hit of the whole fruit." "6.9, woof!" "It's all getting a little... bit... tense." Genius!

That frog rules i keep singing that song around the house!
Greendaygirl
That frog rules i keep singing that song around the house!

Cheer up Evergreen!
Reply 38
The Johnny Vaughan advert is my fave advert at the moment, and I also like the Brazil/Portugal advert with their own tunnel game.
The BBC Euro 2004 ad is amazing. It's so emotional and passionate, with the Greats portrayed as artists. The Romeo and Juliet music is perfect.

Zidane is a magician.

Latest