Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Adult nursing at hull university?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stu Nurse Seddon
Thanks! I'm hoping it's that straight forward :smile:

I've been browsing text books, stationery, and all sorts of other awesome stuff (I'm such a geek) but daren't jinx myself and buy anything until I have that definite unconditional offer.

Out of interest does anyone know of a Hull uni forum/noticeboard for students selling used/secondhand text books?

Have a look at the nursing at hull facebook page theres a few on there, You will get a list of books through from hull though, if you want some now, royal marsdens clinical procedures, a good a+p book (ross and wilson, tortora or martini are the best IMO) and a study skills guide (i use stella cotrells) xxx

edit: also try abebooks.com for cheap second hand copies
(edited 7 years ago)
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 21
Hull use martini I think. I have the Stella cortrell study skills

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Original post by Bells87
Hull use martini I think. I have the Stella cortrell study skills

do they? i like my ross and wilsons the most (mainly because they have a colouring book with them haha) x
That's really great info, thanks both =] I've got the Cottrell book (just finished my Study Skills essay tonight actually - yey me!). Will check them out and see what's available.

I sent my bursary application docs off on Thursday and had my award confirmed via email today - very impressed with that as wasn't expecting a response for months!

It's all coming together nicely :biggrin:
Reply 24
I'm due to. Start study skills I'm a few week. Any tips you can give?

Original post by Bells87
I'm due to. Start study skills I'm a few week. Any tips you can give?

It's basically just useful info on how to search for journals and other sources of information we'll need to use for the degree. It also details how to reference correctly, how to identify what type of learner you are and other helpful skills like speed reading and note taking. I learnt loads and I've already got a degree lol! A lot of it is done online and so you aren't required to attend every week.

Good luck with it!
Reply 26
It's basically just useful info on how to search for journals and other sources of information we'll need to use for the degree. It also details how to reference correctly, how to identify what type of learner you are and other helpful skills like speed reading and note taking. I learnt loads and I've already got a degree lol! A lot of it is done online and so you aren't required to attend every week.

Good luck with it!

Thanks. Still waiting to see if I got on the course. Hope I have as it is one of my conditions of offer

Original post by Bells87
Thanks. Still waiting to see if I got on the course. Hope I have as it is one of my conditions of offer

I'm sure you will, there was about 300 people on the one I went on! Good luck :smile:
Reply 28
I'm sure you will, there was about 300 people on the one I went on! Good luck :smile:

Thank god. got my letter of acceptance for the study skills course today!
Hi there are you all starting hull in September nursing? I'm currently a student nurse but Iv taking some time out so il be joining you guys from January if you have any questions about the course il be happy to help
Faye
Hi, i have recently applied for hull for adult nursing and it has finally been sent to them, how long does it take for you to get the offer of an interview, getting very anxious waiting.
Gemma
Reply 31
Original post by Gemsippo89
Hi, i have recently applied for hull for adult nursing and it has finally been sent to them, how long does it take for you to get the offer of an interview, getting very anxious waiting.
Gemma

Hi I applied on 13th September and have an interview next Wednesday, they e-mailed me on the 9th November to offer me an interview have you heard anything yet?
Reply 32
Original post by Becky175
Hi I applied on 13th September and have an interview next Wednesday, they e-mailed me on the 9th November to offer me an interview have you heard anything yet?

I have an interview on Wednesday good luck.
Reply 33
Original post by Laurarae
I have an interview on Wednesday good luck.

Thankyou! Same to you, im starting to het nervous now.
Reply 34
Thankyou! Same to you, im starting to het nervous now.

Me to have u prepared?
Reply 35
Me to have u prepared?

In a fashion lol, ive done the reading and made a fee notes from it and got my dbs etc sorted, how about you?
Reply 36
In a fashion lol, ive done the reading and made a fee notes from it and got my dbs etc sorted, how about you?

I have done the same. I am a bit nervous now what times yours ??
Reply 37
I have done the same. I am a bit nervous now what times yours ??

10.30 i have to be there in training room 1, do you know if we have to do a maths test too?? What time are you there?
Reply 38
10.30 i have to be there in training room 1, do you know if we have to do a maths test too?? What time are you there?

1030 I'm there to. No I don't think there is a maths test anymore
Reply 39
1030 I'm there to. No I don't think there is a maths test anymore

Thats a relief!

Quick Reply

Latest