The Student Room Group

Can i go into a university i applied for if i had a unsuccessful interview

Hi,

I done a nursing interview for mental health back in February and i got a rejected( unsuccessful interview) for nursing and a clearing in Adult is open.
Could i go through clearing or would i have to wait till next year for the next cycle?
Original post by Userunknownnn997
Hi,

I done a nursing interview for mental health back in February and i got a rejected( unsuccessful interview) for nursing and a clearing in Adult is open.
Could i go through clearing or would i have to wait till next year for the next cycle?

Is it with the same University? I'd contact the admissions team directly but as it is a different course and you would be applying through Clearing they might not require an interview. But always best to ask the admissions team what is required, you could get a verbal offer over the phone, and if your grades are in line with what they expect then why not?
Hi,

Hi.

You would need to contact the university directly to double check if they can offer you a place via Clearing.

If you're open to considering other universities, here at Winchester we offer Nursing (Mental Health), Nursing (Adult) and Nursing (Learning Disabilities) - places are available through Clearing so please call 01962 827234 asap to chat through options with our friendly team. You could join us next month!

We also guarantee university managed, owned or approved accommodation so that's one less thing to worry about :smile:

Here's a sneak peek of our super Nursing courses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4eWnLyeKQ4

I'm here to chat if you have any other questions :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Hello

Hi,

Hello!

At the University of Suffolk, we have spaces on our Adult Nursing course through clearing! The Adult Nursing degree has use of our brand new Health and Wellbeing building that has specific wards for Adult Nursing teaching and learning.

We would love to hear fro you and help if we can! Please see our clearing webpage https://www.uos.ac.uk/clearing

Best of luck!

Scarlett
Hi,

Hi there,

It's definitely worth contacting the uni directly if you're applying to the same university but to a different course, they might have you wait until the next cycle but always worth a go! If you were open to applying to a different university, then it's also worth researching courses and applying through clearing as they may offer you a place for September.

In either case, contacting universities directly is your best course of action as the clearing teams will be the experts. They will be able to advise on the next steps of your application.

I hope that helps and best wishes for your application :smile:

Maddy
WrexhamUniReps
Hi,

Hi There,

You can absolutely go through clearing! The best thing to do is contact universities you're interested in to see if they can offer you an interview. You can see which nursing courses are available on the UCAS search tool and by contacting universities themselves. If you're still interested in mental health nursing or potentially adult nursing too, at the University of Leicester we offer single field adult nursing as well as dual field adult and mental health nursing both with integrated masters in leadership. You can read more about our courses here https://le.ac.uk/nursing and we'd love to hear from you as our nursing courses are in clearing this year!

Give us a call on 0116 373 6000, I applied through clearing 2 years ago and the staff and students were so lovely and helpful.

Best of luck!
Amy
Second year nursing student
Hi,

Hi there @Userunknownnn997, :smile:

Just checking in to see how you are today? Have you thought about studying here at UCLan?

We still have places available for Adult Nursing!

If you are looking to study mental health we also have places available through Clearing for our Nursing with Registered Nurse (Mental Health) course.

Our lines are open until 6pm today if you would like to speak to one of our friendly team for advice on your next steps. You can also visit our Clearing page here where you can secure a place via live chat or fill in a Clearing application form.

📞 Call 01772 830777

Why choose us?
- UK student's on this programme, are eligible for a £5,000 NHS Learning Support Fund which doesn’t have to be paid back after finishing your degree.
- We are one of the first educational providers in the North West to ensure that you are supported within your clinical experiences. We allocate link lecturers to all the placement areas you'll access.
- We've been awarded the highest independent quality assessment by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education for the design, content and management of our curricula, student achievement and standards of teaching.

When it comes to course interviews let me share with you some top tips to help make your experience an enjoyable one.

Have any questions? Please do let me know.

All the best, :smile:
Sarah
(edited 8 months ago)
Hi,

Hiya! If you haven't already, I think it's definitely worth having a look to see what is available thorough Clearing. At NTU we offer BSc Nursing (Adult), which is taught in our brand new Health & Allied Professions Centre - a mock-hospital with state-of-the-art equipment that will prepare you for your placements and future career in nursing. Our Clearing hotline is open until 7 pm today where you can speak to our friendly team and find out more on 0115 848 6000.

Good luck with everything!! :smile:

Sammie - NTU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest