The Student Room Group

Dianette contraceptive pill

I was put on Dianette last month for contraception (as well as for my skin) after being on a different contraceptive pill for the previous 3 months. I'm now 4 days into my first pill free week and I haven't had my withdrawal bleed yet, the only signs I can think of that I'm close to getting it, is that I'm getting a lot of white discharge (sorry TMI..) and I think I'm getting tiny stomach cramps. On my last type pill it always took around 4 days but I'm just wondering if anyone else is on this same pill and how long it takes you to get their withdrawal bleed? There's not really a chance I'm pregnant as I always use condoms for extra protection. Do you think I should wait a few more days? :s-smilie: Thanks :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I was put on Dianette last month for contraception (as well as for my skin) after being on a different contraceptive pill for the previous 3 months. I'm now 4 days into my first pill free week and I haven't had my withdrawal bleed yet, the only signs I can think of that I'm close to getting it, is that I'm getting a lot of white discharge (sorry TMI..) and I think I'm getting tiny stomach cramps. On my last type pill it always took around 4 days but I'm just wondering if anyone else is on this same pill and how long it takes you to get their withdrawal bleed? There's not really a chance I'm pregnant as I always use condoms for extra protection. Do you think I should wait a few more days? :s-smilie: Thanks :smile:

I've been on Dianette for almost 6 months now and each time it took five- six pill free days before I even got any spotting. I think it's different for different pills and if you've changed it might take a bit of time to adjust?

Quick Reply

Latest