The Student Room Group

2016 students, chosen your universities and courses?

So with regards to the impending UCAS applications after the summer, I began to think about which courses I will apply to.

My first choice is Manchester Metropolitan for Acting and my second choice is Salford for Performance practice and theatre studies (they renamed the course as it now has options for presenting/stand up etc). I only really want to go to one of those two universities so what do I do, do I do what my cousin did when she listed ONE university on her form (luckily she got in) or do I fill all the spaces, to keep options open in case these both turn me down. What is everyone else doing? Has anyone decided for definites where they want to apply.

India :smile:
Fill all the spaces just in case.

I want to go and do Graphics at MMU!
Original post by purpledragonfly
So with regards to the impending UCAS applications after the summer, I began to think about which courses I will apply to.

My first choice is Manchester Metropolitan for Acting and my second choice is Salford for Performance practice and theatre studies (they renamed the course as it now has options for presenting/stand up etc). I only really want to go to one of those two universities so what do I do, do I do what my cousin did when she listed ONE university on her form (luckily she got in) or do I fill all the spaces, to keep options open in case these both turn me down. What is everyone else doing? Has anyone decided for definites where they want to apply.

India :smile:

You don't have to fill in all five choices at once. You can start with Man Met and Salford and see whether you get any offers. If you don't, or only get one, then you can add other choices later - just be aware of the deadline for equal consideration.
Original post by ageshallnot
You don't have to fill in all five choices at once. You can start with Man Met and Salford and see whether you get any offers. If you don't, or only get one, then you can add other choices later - just be aware of the deadline for equal consideration.

This helps thanks! I felt like everyone I knew was just putting in 5 probably in the hope of having to potentially turn loads down to brag... aha
Original post by idontevenbeth
Fill all the spaces just in case.

I want to go and do Graphics at MMU!

MMU looks amazing, some people hate on it but I think it depends on the course area, also its silly when people say 'everybody just gets drunk and messes around' don't they have a backbone, in the highly unlikely circumstance that NOBODY takes the course seriously yes I would be pissed off but it wouldn't effect my studies! The Student Union looks good too, I am from Manc and see their various societies/groups around- mainly the vegsoc as I go to the Eighth day Wholefoods lots!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending