The Student Room Group

do I need to go to my offer holder day?

Do I need to go to my offer holder day is it compulsory, what does it provide me with?
Original post by princessxo10
Do I need to go to my offer holder day is it compulsory, what does it provide me with?

Offer-holder days are optional. They're designed to help you decide between multiple offers you might be holding. If you know what you're going to firm / insure anyway, and you don't want to use the opportunity to look at accommodation or whatever, then there's no need to attend.
Hi there,

While Offer Holder Days are not compulsory, they are valuable events that can help you become familiar with the institution.

Furthermore, it's a great insight into your chosen degree as you'll have the opportunity to join subject-specific classes, labs and talks about teaching methods.

Additionally, Offer Holder Days allow you to speak to current as well as future students and make connections.

Lastly, you can attend Parent-Student sessions which discuss university life, admissions, finance support, accommodation, etc.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep
Reply 3
Offer holder days are good if you didn't get a chance to attend an Open Day, but even if you did they often go into more depth on your chosen subject, with chances to talk to lecturers and current students. And there often seems to be free lunch thrown in too.
Hey there 😀

As others have pointed out, you are not required to attend your offer holder days. However, I want to stress how valuable and insightful they can be based on my own student experience. These events offer you a chance to thoroughly explore the university and determine if it is the right fit for you.

During open days, you can take a detailed tour of the campus and its facilities, participate in taster sessions to get a feel for the teaching style of your course, engage with current lecturers and students, meet potential classmates, learn about various student support services such as mental health, career guidance, and financial aid, and even check out student accommodations.

Overall, in my view, there is no better way to get a true sense of university life and make a well-informed decision about your future.

I hope it was helpful 💪 Feel free to reach out if you have any questions 😉 You can also chat with me or other students directly through The Ambassador Platform.

Best of luck,

Julia
Psychology student
De Montfort University
You’re making one of the most important decisions of your life so far.

Why in earth would you choose NOT to take every opportunity to find out more about your choices to help make sure your decision is as informed as possible.

No one will force you to attend an OHD but you are stupid if you don’t bother.
Hi @princessxo10,

I would highly recommend it if you can go along to an offer holder day. Attending offers you the best chance to get a feel for your course whilst meeting tutors and other students who will be on that course. You will also be able to take a tour of the campus and see facilities like the library and student accomodation options. It's a great way for you to see if that university is the right fit for you.

Best of luck, 😊
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending