Original post by orangetropic
Ive recently got a clearing offer for a uni and have not enrolled yet
uni halls are fully booked
every student accom around is also fully booked
because of this i have no choice but to not go uni this year
The uni is just outside london so the choices left are way out of budget
Any advice plz :frown:

Hey @orangetropic,

I really do believe that you shouldn't have to take a gap year because there is no accommodation available. What university are you planning to go to?

I recommend that you contact the clearing department, the accommodation department AND the student support department at the your chosen university and raise your concerns (you can most contact details online) - they might be able to help or suggest an alternative. A phone call would be faster and it should be easy to reach them, but an email will also do.

Furthermore, it might helpful to see if there are any general Facebook or WhatsApp groups of your chosen uni, where you can inquire about student houses with free rooms etc.

Another alternative could be checking if any other universities are offering the same/ similar course through clearing that you can switch to (you can always try calling to see if they can accommodate you). However, it is very important to still be doing a course YOU like and have thoroughly researched.

In the worst case scenario - if you have to take a gap year, try to get a deferred entry so you don't have to apply again (provided you still want to do the course) and try to make your year out productive.

I hope it works out for you!
Shaheer (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Original post by orangetropic
Ive recently got a clearing offer for a uni and have not enrolled yet
uni halls are fully booked
every student accom around is also fully booked
because of this i have no choice but to not go uni this year
The uni is just outside london so the choices left are way out of budget
Any advice plz :frown:

Hi there,
As the other poster has said, you definitely do still have options. I would highly recommend contacting your university accommodation with your concerns and see what advice they have. They may be able to put you on a waiting list or direct you to alternative accommodation.

Sign up to any waiting lists for private student accommodations within your budget. Cancellations can occur so its worth being on the waiting list for if/when they do.

Take a look on forums like TSR and sites like Spare Room as some people may be looking for people to takeover their tenancy or join them in a house share.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending