The Student Room Group

History GCSE - Britain

how did the war widen women's employment opportunities?
Original post by mhsophie

Heya, I'm going to put this in the History forum for you as you should get more responses there.:h:You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=141
Reply 2
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Heya, I'm going to put this in the History forum for you as you should get more responses there.:h:You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=141

thanks!
Original post by mhsophie

This sounds like coursework. Is it?
Reply 4
Nope just regular homework😒...
Oh right then, what course are you on?
Which war?
WWI&II:
1.) Men left to fight and die.
2.) Munitions & Food still need to be produced
3.) Imports (e.g. from America) are bombed, restricted etc.
4.) Britain needs to grow more food and produced more Munitions
5.) Men leave employment to fight and die
6.) Then women take over all these jobs because there's a war on you know!
7.) Everyone thinks: "Oh look! Women can work! Their brains don't explode!"
8.) Men die and don't come back, some women keep their jobs.
9.) When at war the women produced more food &munitions than the men because they were at war and needed a greater supply than before.
Reply 7
Thank you so much!!!
Reply 8
I think it's because as men had gone to fight in the war, they needed women to fill in and take up men's jobs so women's employment opportunities widened. Also, due to the munitions crisis many women had to work in munitions factories etc... hope this has helped!
Reply 9
Original post by igcse101
I think it's because as men had gone to fight in the war, they needed women to fill in and take up men's jobs so women's employment opportunities widened. Also, due to the munitions crisis many women had to work in munitions factories etc... hope this has helped!

Thank you:smile:!!
Reply 11

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending