The Student Room Group

How to revise for history?

I am currently doing GCSE History with my exam board being edexcel. I am currently using flash cards for key dates howver i'm not sure what else to make flashcards on. Any advice would be appreciated and if there are any other useful tips on revising such as sites or videos that would also be helpful, thanks. (i also don't have a revision guide).
Reply 1
Depending on the component/ history option you're doing, Gerard O'Toole GCSE History Revision on Youtube could be useful. Also, to revise for my history exams I used CGP books and answered the questions on each page as well as the exam-style questions at the end of each topic so I'd say that practising past paper or exam-style questions could be useful. Some of my friends used Pearson history flashcards so I'll recommend those as well. May I ask what component you're doing?
Reply 2
Original post by vmns
Depending on the component/ history option you're doing, Gerard O'Toole GCSE History Revision on Youtube could be useful. Also, to revise for my history exams I used CGP books and answered the questions on each page as well as the exam-style questions at the end of each topic so I'd say that practising past paper or exam-style questions could be useful. Some of my friends used Pearson history flashcards so I'll recommend those as well. May I ask what component you're doing?

Thanks for the advice before, i had been trying to find some youtube videos but couldn't find any so i'll check out what you recommended. Correct me if im wrong but if by component you mean what we are learning then i have done medicine through time and am currently doing cold war.
Reply 3
Yeah, that's what I mean. I did Superpower relations and the cold war, weimar and nazi germany, crime and punishment in britain, and henry viii and his ministers. For the cold war, my teacher said that it's important to know how events link and that we should make it clear in our writing that 'This led to...' or 'Because of this...'
Reply 4
Original post by vmns
Yeah, that's what I mean. I did Superpower relations and the cold war, weimar and nazi germany, crime and punishment in britain, and henry viii and his ministers. For the cold war, my teacher said that it's important to know how events link and that we should make it clear in our writing that 'This led to...' or 'Because of this...'

Right, i'll be sure to remember to do that when it comes to writing about the cold war. Also thanks for the help!
Reply 5
Glad I could help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending