The Student Room Group

US Presidential Election 2016 official thread

Scroll to see replies

ka BOOM
he only won by a little relax and there's still technical **** to do before it's confirmed
What a terrible speech Trump just gave - compare that to Obama in 08

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Well, you called it right, so well done for that.

What this result really demonstrates is how angry working and middle class America is with the economic situation and also how easy it is for that to be manipulated to serve agendas that don't respond to the situation at all well and will further undermine their economic power.

You can't criticise his policies until he has policies.
Reply 7984
****, I go to bed and it looks like Clinton is edging to a slight win, and I wake up to this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
" Mr. Brexit" just won, it's true. Now on to the specifics.

What difference will this make in your life? Well, Nigel Farage will probably be tipped as American Ambassador because of his support of Donald.

He won't have the backing of the House and will not be able to do anything.

He will probably improve relations with Russia, which will destabilize Eastern Europe.

International attacks on the dollar will happen. This will mean if you are a tourist going to the US(Or Canada, since a weak dollar hits the Canadian dollar), you will have more money.

That's it. Those are the consequences.
Original post by Aj12
****, I go to bed and it looks like Clinton is edging to a slight win, and I wake up to this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

like brexit all over again :teehee:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Original post by ThatOldGuy

What difference will this make in your life? Well, Nigel Farage will probably be tipped as American Ambassador because of his support of Donald.

He will probably improve relations with Russia, which will destabilize Eastern Europe.

International attacks on the dollar will happen. This will mean if you are a tourist going to the US(Or Canada, since a weak dollar hits the Canadian dollar), you will have more money.

Unfortunately the Republican Party have the majority in the house and senate, he won't need the entire house, just the support of his party.
You should have voted third party you idiots.
Original post by ThatOldGuy

The GOP has a clean sweep in both Houses of Congress but whether or not all the Republicans will vote for Trump's legislation I don't know.
Jesus ****ing Christ.

What the **** is happening guys
Original post by emobambam
have done very little to improve their living conditions and they're desperate for a change.

I agree. Just don't be fooled into thinking they're going to get it. Trump's number one agenda is more tax cuts for the very rich.
Original post by Aj12

Posted from TSR Mobile

The UK parallel would be you went away for the weekend and when you got back, they'd replaced the Queen with Simon Cowell.
Original post by Luke7456
I have been bouncing of the walls for the last several hours I just am in shock this is so good. I won my bet gold is also doing very well and Trump is president!!!!

I literally have pain in my jaw from the smiling. What a shock what a night though I did say I suspected there was a chance of this and I did point out the flaws in the polls. YES!!!!!

i should have placed a bet :lol:
Well USA you decided your own future.
Original post by nulli tertius
You can't criticise his policies until he has policies.

Some truth, but I reckon it's a fair bet that he won't have a lot of time for the issues affecting the poor or those struggling. He's going to be more interested in what makes him even richer.
the only upside tho this is that he can't bomb anyone without their being a threat to America, which is good because England are very nice people
Reply 7998
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Some truth, but I reckon it's a fair bet that he won't have a lot of time for the issues affecting the poor or those struggling. He's going to be more interested in what makes him even richer.

You're the one always complaining about men in dark rooms being the real holders of power. They'll save us right? The establishment will stop him going to crazy? Right? Right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I may not particularly like Trump but at least it appears he has a decent taste in films. It's amusing how he still walks in to the Air Force One theme music.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending