The Student Room Group

finding a summer job in france for 2 months

Hi there.
I'm a second year student at university studying French and Japanese. As part of my year abroad I need to organise a period of 2-3 months where I will be in France working, and then spend the academic year in Japan. I haven't been able to find anything yet, and the ideal time would be between June and August. I'm leaving for Japan in early September.
I'm really stuck on what I can do as nothing seems to be coming up. I'd like to work in admin but very few jobs are available for such a short period. The only thing I really don't want to do is be an animateur, as the job description sounds like hell (expected to perform on stage etc). Could anyone offer any help, such as sites, organisations or even jobs they've done etc.
Thank you
Japan for a year sounds great!
Dunno about France :s-smilie:
Original post by 5845forest
Hi there.
I'm a second year student at university studying French and Japanese. As part of my year abroad I need to organise a period of 2-3 months where I will be in France working, and then spend the academic year in Japan. I haven't been able to find anything yet, and the ideal time would be between June and August. I'm leaving for Japan in early September.
I'm really stuck on what I can do as nothing seems to be coming up. I'd like to work in admin but very few jobs are available for such a short period. The only thing I really don't want to do is be an animateur, as the job description sounds like hell (expected to perform on stage etc). Could anyone offer any help, such as sites, organisations or even jobs they've done etc.
Thank you

Have you had a look at http://www.workaway.info/ ?
Admittedly it's volunteer work but you might be able to get something like work in a hostel/hotel doing reception type stuff that could be suitable.
If not, au-pair stuff should be easy enough to come by - but I guess that's not really what you're after!

Good luck!
I had to do a similar thing for my Year Abroad - but I did a language course for French and German either side of my Year in Japan because it isn't easy finding work placements which are so short term!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending