The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Dunsden Crescent

Hi

Was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on Dunsden Crescent? I am looking at it as a catered option, as I am not too keen on cooking in my first year.

Hello,

Dunsden Crescent is on campus and the canteen (Park Eat) that it uses is only a 5 minute or so walk away. Next to Park Eat is the laundry room, post office and a hang out area with snooker tables and sofas. I was catered in my first year and was glad that I was!

You get a weekly allowance on your card which you will have to budget with. Obviously if you purchase fizzy or flavoured drinks and have breakfast in Park Eat all the time you will run out of money but the allowance is fine. You do get a small kitchen where you can prepare small meals and lots of people have breakfast in their flats, only going to Park Eat in the morning if they fancy a cooked breakfast. There is a panini stand and noodle stand where you can choose your own combinations, as well as a hot stand for cooked meals and cold for sandwiches, salads etc. The food is obviously not home food but I always found something I liked as there was a variety of food. Dinner is usually served between 5 and 7, but if you miss this then a food stand will open after this until midnight offering more fast food.

It is definitely very convenient going catered in your first year and if you are not a fussy eater then I would recommend it. I never had to worry about what to cook!

I hope that helps. Feel free to ask any more questions.
Pip, third year English Literature and History of Art :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for the the response. I was just curious do you get a range of good outlets to choose from? Or is park eat the only option?
Thanks
Original post by Ray6547
Thanks for the the response. I was just curious do you get a range of good outlets to choose from? Or is park eat the only option?
Thanks

Hello,

Yes of course. You can't use your card at all of the food outlets on campus, but you can use it at the largest canteen (Eat at the Square) which is near the quad centre of campus. You can also walk to other hall canteens and use it at some of the smaller cafes on campus. For the full list click on this page: http://www.reading.ac.uk/web/FILES/accommodation/catered_package_map_final.pdf

Pip :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending