The Student Room Group

Uni of Reading Accommodation

Hey,,

Does anyone have any advice on what accomodation would be good. Looking for an en-suite single bed preferably.
Original post by rremzo
Hey,,

Does anyone have any advice on what accomodation would be good. Looking for an en-suite single bed preferably.

Hey @rremzo

Great question - but a variable one, depending on what you're after!

Our en-suite hall options are:
-Benyon
-Bridges (Premium rooms only)
-Childs (Premium rooms only)
-Dunsden Crescent (rooms with a Meal Plan only)
-Greenow and McCombie Houses
-Mackinder
-Sherfield
-Stention (premium rooms only)
-St George's
You can have a look at a virtual tour and what each of these hall options include here.

S
ome include options such as a meal plan, whilst others are self-catered only; and some have the option of quieter living, or same-sex flats, for example, so having a think about your preferences will help narrow the options down a bit (as you can see, there's a long list of en-suite potentials to choose from!).

Think about what's most important to you e.g. what you want to be nearest to, or how sociable you want the surrounding areas to be, or how many people you would ideally want to share a flat with. This will help choosing the right fit for you. For example, I wanted somewhere with a mixed flat, that was near nice places to walk, not too loud but not too quiet either, and close to the buildings I would need. I chose Bridges in the end, as I found this had, what I thought was, the nicest communal kitchens with sofas, which were lovely and open plan/bright, and it was near the lake -perfect for walks (even just to lectures or the centre of campus)- and also probably the closest to the Harry Pitt building which is my main building. I was happy for shared bathrooms etc, so this worked well for me. But this is just an example of things to consider as what's important to you will be different to what was important for me!

If you let us know what you're looking for, we can try and give you some narrower choices to choose from if that would be helpful!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending