The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Internet speed at bath spa & PC gaming.

Hey everyone

So, it's looking quite likely now that I will choose Bath Spa as my firm choice for next September (Although I am pretty torn between Oxford brookes and Bath spa at the moment). Anyway, I have been reading through old threads on the subject of online gaming at university, and apparently it's not uncommon for them to block access to services like Xbox live, PSN and Steam in the halls. For me, this would be a great shame as I currently enjoy playing online games with my friends at least a few nights a week. I wouldn't like to loose that, so....

What is the situation with online gaming in the Bath spa halls? Do they block Steam? And also, how fast is the internet connection there, is it good enough to play games on-line without too much lag?

I was hoping there would be other gamers on here who could help

Thanks!
Original post by Tellurian
Hey everyone

So, it's looking quite likely now that I will choose Bath Spa as my firm choice for next September (Although I am pretty torn between Oxford brookes and Bath spa at the moment). Anyway, I have been reading through old threads on the subject of online gaming at university, and apparently it's not uncommon for them to block access to services like Xbox live, PSN and Steam in the halls. For me, this would be a great shame as I currently enjoy playing online games with my friends at least a few nights a week. I wouldn't like to loose that, so....

What is the situation with online gaming in the Bath spa halls? Do they block Steam? And also, how fast is the internet connection there, is it good enough to play games on-line without too much lag?

I was hoping there would be other gamers on here who could help

Thanks!

Hi ! I've just posted a similar question on this - did you go to Bath Spa and if so how did you find the gaming performance with their wifi ?

Cheers,

Richard
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending