The Student Room Group

GCSE Art Help

Hi,

For the second part of my Art exam, I chose the title 'Rituals'. I wanted to do something involving a Henna design or something along the lines of this with a different culture but I'm not sure how to put that into an art piece. I've tried searching for artists that do art related to this but I haven't managed to find any. Does anyone know any artists or have any suggestions as to how I'd do something with the Henna design without doing something simple like drawing around my hand?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by erinalderson_
Hi,

For the second part of my Art exam, I chose the title 'Rituals'. I wanted to do something involving a Henna design or something along the lines of this with a different culture but I'm not sure how to put that into an art piece. I've tried searching for artists that do art related to this but I haven't managed to find any. Does anyone know any artists or have any suggestions as to how I'd do something with the Henna design without doing something simple like drawing around my hand?

Thanks!

hey! this is a good question! I'm doing rituals and henna designs. Iv'e chosen Indian art as my topic and chosen Divali as the celebration. within that topic you can do henna art, colourful Indian clothes etc. I'm on task for full marks a* as my teacher has told me, so i can guarantee this topic to be a good one! artists that Iv'e chosen are; shashikanta parida, diane jones, sheshadri sreenivsan and another one I cant remember :tongue: good luck with whatever you decide to do x
Hi, I am a henna artist, you can use henna in a huge range of ways! It is a dye. You could draw on a canvas, then use a spray sealant. Or you could draw with the henna on a candle the same way, or on wood or fabric, and when it's dried, simply flake off the dried paste and you have an item that has been stained by the henna. The dye developed on other materials in much the same way as on skin (it can be very orange at first, but will mature to a much darker reddy-brown colour. You can also get coloured henna online, I don't recommend for use on the skin, but it adds a splash of colours into your designs. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending