The Student Room Group

private gcse’s ,home education

hey, i’ve recently left school and started homeschooling due to mental health and physical problems. I’m in year 10 so i still have time till gcses but i’d like to figure it out as soon as possible.

•i’m definitely doing maths gcse,and would like to do biology but would i have to study all the science subjects to get the gcse?
•also is taking english gcses important? the jobs i want to go into don’t need them i assume and i’m also dyslexic so i don’t really want to do english.
•is there an alternative to art gcse? i’m going to make a portfolio but something like an art gcse would look good on my resume right?

(the jobs i’m looking at are tattoo artist, piercer or interior designer)
Hiya, you definitely have to do English language as many jobs or colleges require a pass or higher in English language. You also have to do all sciences however I could suggest doing double science which still studies all of the sciences but to a lower and less specific level resulting in 2 GCSEs. Art GCSE is really good particularly if you aren’t an exam person although you could also look into graphics or design. It might be helpful to do a humanities as well. You could try talking to a local teacher to see if they have any suggestions for your specific circumstances.
Reply 2
Original post by FrenchFencer
Hiya, you definitely have to do English language as many jobs or colleges require a pass or higher in English language. You also have to do all sciences however I could suggest doing double science which still studies all of the sciences but to a lower and less specific level resulting in 2 GCSEs. Art GCSE is really good particularly if you aren’t an exam person although you could also look into graphics or design. It might be helpful to do a humanities as well. You could try talking to a local teacher to see if they have any suggestions for your specific circumstances.

thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest