The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

S103 Discovering Science

Hi everyone! I am going to be starting the above course in January and wanted to ask those who have studied it in the past whether it's necessary to buy the course set book, "The Sciences Good Study Guide by Andy Northedge"? It is for £13.99 and since I have studied A-Levels and know what to expect work-load wise, is it worth me spending that much money on a book thats going to tell me what I know anyway? I would greatly appreciate some feedback on this matter. Also any other students doin the above course in January- get in touch! It'l be great to hear from you and we could meet up during the residentials! Thankx :biggrin:
Reply 1
Hi i am studying this course now, the book has been useful for me as it has helped me with maths.

Have you tried getting it second hand.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
yes i have but with the added cost of delivery it turns out to be the same price as bought brand new from the shop. I did A-Level mathematics so i dont really think il need it but i havnt studied in 3 yrs so im not sure!:confused:
Reply 3
If you do not need it for the maths, you probably do not need it.
Inside the book it has sections on reading and making notes, working with diagrams, learning and using mathamatics, working with numbers and symbols, different ways of studying, studying with a computer, observing and experimenting, writing and assignments and tackling examinations.

It does refer in S103 to the book but i have not bothered. So i would probably save your money.

Latest