The Student Room Group

Most employable biology degrees

Hi,
I have recieved UCAS offers to study Biomedical Science but have since heard how hard it is to actually find a job as a biomedical scientist (ive seen posts on here and searched NHS jobs), even when registered by the IBMS. i decided on this degree years ago but didn't realise back then that it quite overcrowded i think?
does anyone have advice about which similar degrees have a fairly good employment prospects in non-patient facing roles? or other high demand careers you can work towards with a biomed degree?
i know its location-based as well (bham / west mids ) and that this is three years in the future im talking about but i don't want to set myself up for failure.
i am hoping to change my degree after getting into uni (i've heard so many people say they've done this so i'm hoping i could too).
thanks x
(edited 10 months ago)
Have you looked at the course on the discover uni website or are you basing this on hearsay
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Have you looked at the course on the discover uni website or are you basing this on hearsay

well a bit of both bc the employment on discover uni says 87% but I've heard many people say that these values given by these website and the uni course page include people working in jobs like retail
Original post by pk027
well a bit of both bc the employment on discover uni says 87% but I've heard many people say that these values given by these website and the uni course page include people working in jobs like retail

if you look at the detail it should show what sort of jobs they're doing on discover uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending