The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Do queens have grade requirement if already attending a course? Medicine

I'm currently attending college and applying for queens medicine this year. I meet the grade requirements, just need to do the interview. If I'm given an offer, will they also have grade requirements for the current course I'm doing as part of the offer?
Yes it’s 3 AS for definite and u hv to pass the interview. They want u to hv at least 1 science
Good luck
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by ebyrne2036
Yes it’s 3 AS for definite and u hv to pass the interview. They want u to hv at least 1 science
Good luck

I got 3A* in math, chem, and biology. I've already started a course in Biomed but I want to switch to Medicine next year. I did not apply to any courses through UCAS last year, rather CAO in Rep. Ireland. Will Queens require me to get a certain grade in all my current modules/exams for the course that I'm doing at the moment?
Reply 4
The medical application date was mid October.
They will treat your achieved A levels as 36 points. And then you will need to do UCAS. I don't think they will look at your current course but you could email to check.
Original post by Welcome99
The medical application date was mid October.
They will treat your achieved A levels as 36 points. And then you will need to do UCAS. I don't think they will look at your current course but you could email to check.

Unfortunately I've discovered until Section 3.10 of the Admissions Policy Statement for Medicine, I must get 50%+ in each module. Some of my modules are extremely heavy - particularly physiology with a fail rate of 50%...nevermind students getting 50%+ especially when my main focus is HPAT for CAO and interviews for Queens. https://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/MRCI/admissions/FileStore/Filetoupload,2028491,en.pdf
Original post by ebyrne2036
No I don’t think so

Unfortunately I've discovered until Section 3.10 of the Admissions Policy Statement for Medicine, I must get 50%+ in each module. Some of my modules are extremely heavy - particularly physiology with a fail rate of 50%...nevermind students getting 50%+ especially when my main focus is HPAT for CAO and interviews for Queens. https://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/MRCI/admissions/FileStore/Filetoupload,2028491,en.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending