The Student Room Group

Refurbished Laptop

Is it worth it? I ordered an high spec Dell one for a good affordable prices, but idk..I am scared that it might just stop working after 4 months...do you think there will be visable scratches
How much are you paying for it and who are you buying it from? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by CatJMarshall
How much are you paying for it and who are you buying it from? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Curry's and PC world £295
Original post by SK7866
Curry's and PC world £295

I'd go for it. If you're definitely a windows fan, that is? :wink:
Curry's/PC World still provide a warranty with refurb and they're still returnable etc.
I have a second hand retina MBP atm. Ended up with £3k worth of laptop and software for £1k. Totally worth it. I was really worried about buying second-hand/refurb too, but it's been fine.

What's the brand new price of the same spec Dell?
Reply 4
Original post by CatJMarshall
I'd go for it. If you're definitely a windows fan, that is? :wink:
Curry's/PC World still provide a warranty with refurb and they're still returnable etc.
I have a second hand retina MBP atm. Ended up with £3k worth of laptop and software for £1k. Totally worth it. I was really worried about buying second-hand/refurb too, but it's been fine.

What's the brand new price of the same spec Dell?

The newer version is £150 more expensive.
Original post by SK7866
The newer version is £150 more expensive.

If you can push the extra £150, it might be worth it... But I'd go for the refurb :smile:
As for visible scratches - no more than would be on it from a little bit of use from new anyway. Sounds like it's a good buy! If you're not happy with it, you can always send it back and get the new one.
Reply 7
Keep in mind that curry's and pc world have a horrible reputation and some of the worst customer services. And don't rely to much on their warranty either.

Also make sure that the battery is brand new or in extremely good condition. This is often overlooked but battery life is important when buying any refurbished mobile device, so make sure it holds a good amount of charge, e.g 4 hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As above... Maybe worth checking that their 'refurbished' actually means that, rather than simply second-hand!

But since you'd already ordered it, how is it? :smile:
Original post by SK7866
Is it worth it? I ordered an high spec Dell one for a good affordable prices, but idk..I am scared that it might just stop working after 4 months...do you think there will be visable scratches

depends entirely to be fair..........particularly the reason it was returned. As long as you got the one year warranty it could be ok and the specs are good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending