The Student Room Group

Pet Peeves while on Public Transport

What the title says!:biggrin:

My biggest one is probably when there is a full bus, but somewhere in the middle there is that one guy with a laptop - Usually late 30's - wearing a suit and playing solitaire, taking up TWO seats, one for himself, and one for his LAPtop. It's Not SEATtop. it always happens! Apparently strutting - well, sitting - in a suit grants you the privilege of two seats!

There are others but this would turn into a TL;DR post if i went into it.:colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
people who come and sit by you when there are empty seats everywhere. people who have loud phone conversations. people who stink. people who are generally disgusting. people who sit on the outer seat and put their bag on the inner seat as if i won't move it for them if there's no other seat. people who disagree with me over whether or not the windows should be open.
People who bring pets (dogs onto buses). Not only is it extremely filthy and disgusting to have a pet, but bringing a filthy, smelly, unwashed, flea-infested dog onto a bus and allowing it to sit up in the seats is extremely antisocial, very dangerous, extremely disgusting and completely wrong and inconsiderate.

Dirty, smelly, unwashed people who stink up the bus.

Chavs who smoke cigarettes or weed on buses.

People who out their feet up on seats. Extremely antisocial and inconsiderate, very uncivilised behaviour.

Children screaming at the top of their lungs for no discernible reason.
Reply 3
Smelly people
When people dump their rubbish on seats
People who take two seats
People with loud music
People who talk loudly
People who DON'T PREPARE THEIR MONEY BEFORE GETTING ONTO THE BUS, and therefore spend 2 minutes searching their bag
People who stop the bus when the bus has previously stopped at a bus stop that was in walking distance to that bus stop...if that makes sense

I remember once I came from the airport from abroad, I needed to get home, I had a large rucksack, a large hand held bag and a suitcase. At the time there were no seats on the bus, but when a woman got off an inconsiderate woman who obviously could see how exhausted I looked from carrying all my bags, took that seat when she had nothing to carry.

Another time, the was a guy behind me, who had the most smelliest breath ever, which me to smelling my hand for the rest of the bus journey, literally sneezed onto the back of my head...I used Detol to wash my hair that night...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by BCMFM16
Smelly people
When people dump their rubbish on seats
People who take two seats
People with loud music
People who talk loudly
People who DON'T PREPARE THEIR MONEY BEFORE GETTING ONTO THE BUS, and therefore spend 2 minutes searching their bag
People who stop the bus when the bus has previously stopped at a bus stop that was in walking distance to that bus stop...if that makes sense

I remember once I came from the airport from abroad, I needed to get home, I had a large rucksack, a large hand held bag and a suitcase. At the time there were no seats on the bus, but when a woman got off an inconsiderate woman who obviously could see how exhausted I looked from carrying all my bags, took that seat when she had nothing to carry.

Another time, the was a guy behind me, who had the most smelliest breath ever, which me to smelling my hand for the rest of the bus journey, literally sneezed onto the back of my head...I used Detol to wash my hair that night...

Yooooo, you have no idea how much of a pain that is! Like i've been standing with you at this bus stop for the past 20 minutes, The heavens are open and i'm drenched, and when im courteous and let you go in first, you stand there for 5 minutes frantically searching for £1.20. That must be why i arrive to work feeling homocidal :colondollar:
People who have their music on too loud
People who smell bad
People who take up two seats (especially when it's busy) and then for some reason you say "Sorry" when asking if you can sit there
People who sniff constantly or make gross noises
People who have no regard for personal space

Tube specific:
People who don't have their Oyster/tickets ready at the barrier
Pairs or groups who take up BOTH SIDES of the escalator
People who dawdle
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by The_One1
Yooooo, you have no idea how much of a pain that is! Like i've been standing with you at this bus stop for the past 20 minutes, The heavens are open and i'm drenched, and when im courteous and let you go in first, you stand there for 5 minutes frantically searching for £1.20. That must be why i arrive to work feeling homocidal :colondollar:

I know right? haha Normally you'll have to wait at the bus stop for a long time, enough time to get your money.

I also hate how the public buses in my area say they run every 10 minutes when in actual fact, I counted, they are every 27 minutes :angry:

This.
Reply 8
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Dem people that hold up the bus when their oyster shows the red light and they start fumblin' round in their pockets for 10 minutes.

I miss living in London! I still have my oyster card from 10 years ago :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Original post by Vixen47

This.

PREACH mummy!
People.
Original post by BCMFM16
PREACH mummy!

Stop it son.
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
Stop it son.

Your not my dad! :angry:
Reply 13
Another one actually !

When a 'Crew' of 13 year olds jump on and race to the back, then engage in 'Top Banter' and talk about how buzzing they are for their 'Cheeky Nandos'.

Just die:colondollar:
Original post by Vixen47
x

This.

what an absolute boss
Actually smokers sitting next to me are grueling. Mostly massive chain smokers, as they're just noxious and every part of me begins to smell of smoke because of their habit.
Original post by BCMFM16
Your not my dad! :angry:

I was there at the birth. You're mine. I'm your father.
Original post by BCMFM16
PREACH mummy!

Hello my ickle wickle baby!

:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
I was there at the birth. You're mine. I'm your father.

You would have been fish when I was born...

Original post by Vixen47
Hello my ickle wickle baby!

:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

I wish I knew the identity of my mum. I'll pm you my fb?
People who take forever to get off then make the driver open the doors a second time because they didn't come out quick enough. When you press the bell and the driver still speeds past your stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest