The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter uni

Can you get parking permits in first year whilst living in Halls and if so how much do they cost?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Can you get parking permits in first year whilst living in Halls and if so how much do they cost?

Hi there,

As far as I am aware, students living in University residences do not qualify for parking permits (unless in the case of an accessibility needs). While there is (limited) pay and display parking around both campuses, the University of Exeter discourages students from bringing their cars to university. Both campuses are compact, and the city centre is within easy walking distance. Public transport is also readily available.

I hope this helps - feel free to get in touch with any other questions you might have!

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I am a parent of a student who has a parking permit in first year but who has a very particular reason to have one and had to apply through a pretty rigorous process. He pays around £180 a year from memory. You won't get one just because you prefer to have your car there though.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1

Many unis do not allow first years in hall to bring cars.
Are students who do not live in halls also discouraged from bringing aa car, can they get parking permits?
It depends where they live and whether there is A parking permit for their house or easy parking.
Universities won't care about students bringing cars if they aren't affecting the campus.
Original post by Phideaux950
Are students who do not live in halls also discouraged from bringing aa car, can they get parking permits?

Hi there @Phideaux950,

Due to the very limited parking available around campuses, the University of Exeter discourages students from bringing a car to university, even if you live in a private residence. I believe you are only entitled to a permit if you have accessibility needs, or live a certain distance from campus (i.e. you will not be entitled to a permit if you live within walking distance and have access to public transport).

Of course, if there is parking available at your place of residence, it is completely up to you - however, the lack of parking around campus is something to bear in mind! You can find out more about parking permits here.

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending