The Student Room Group

Leftists Protest For More Immigration

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
how do you tell by that?

Well you can just tell they are amazing people just by the fact that they are immigrants? Surly that is all you need?
Reply 41
we should save them
then send them right back where they belong
Reply 42
Original post by sdotd
we should save them
then send them right back where they belong

100% agree firm but fair is the only way.
Reply 43
"Let them drown, they steal our benefits and jobs" You know what, I hope our borders close permanently, then we can see who gets blamed for the countries problems.
Original post by pickup
Turkey already has 478,000 Syrian refugees alone. Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq,Jordan are in crisis themselves.

Refugees are often a long term bonus for the UK. People who have crossed the world to save themselves ,are resourceful, hard working and definitely ambitious.

I'm not arguing that, I'm merely saying there there is a middle ground between opening gates to immigration (as this right wing bunch keep saying) and leaving thousands of people to drown in the sea.
Reply 45
Original post by Gwilym101
I'm not arguing that, I'm merely saying there there is a middle ground between opening gates to immigration (as this right wing bunch keep saying) and leaving thousands of people to drown in the sea.

Rescue them from drowning then send them back. Simple.
Original post by SeaPony
Rescue them from drowning then send them back. Simple.

Can't, it's illegal
Reply 47
Original post by DaveSmith99
Can't, it's illegal

Ahahaha! Illegal to send them back to where they came from? Common sense...
Original post by SeaPony
Ahahaha! Illegal to send them back to where they came from? Common sense...

Yes, under international law from various bodies. I'm also not sure that dropping people off in a war zone can be called common sense.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 49
I know I believe you I was not denying they existed I was simply saying what would happen if we had leaders that had common sense and were not spineless liberals.
Original post by SeaPony
Well you can just tell they are amazing people just by the fact that they are immigrants? Surly that is all you need?

So what we have found out is that you cannot tell either- althiugh I didn't imply they were amazing either
So don't judge because you don't know
Original post by pickup

We have a responsibility to take our fair share of refugees as one of the richest countries in the world, don't we?

Actually under the UN's own rules on this asylum seekers should seek asylum in the first safe country they reach. So any Irish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Danish, French or Greenlandic asylum seekers who arrive by foot/boat/channel tunnel should claim asylum in the UK. Anyone else is not actually following the rules unless France, Germany etc are all brutal dictatorships where their lives are at risk...
Reply 52
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
So what we have found out is that you cannot tell either- althiugh I didn't imply they were amazing either
So don't judge because you don't know

Well they look skilled... they look like they could contribute their wealth?
Original post by SeaPony
Well they look skilled... they look like they could contribute their wealth?

Yep, if they are good with their hands they could definitely have a place in manufacturing factories etc.
You don't tell someone's skill upon looks espcislly when one is poor. They could have skill but no job due to no market. Doesn't negate their skill
If this was the case judging by your post. You could not bring a penny into the tertiary service industry in the UK. Your comments at devoid of critical thinking, flexibility and frankly show you have too much time on your hands. How is wasting time on tsr as much as you do contributing to the economy? After all these immigrants take low skilled jobs which most aren't worried about because they have high skilled occupations. So it leaves you fighting over jobs which some could say we could do without...... So if anything they would probably contribute to the economy much better than you ever would in the short term. Determination and willingness to learn takes you further than blaming others. And if they are handy then that is a plus as we are lagging in competitiveness in that sector
:tongue:
Reply 54
Manufacturing? They have mostly moved over seas now:wink: More like selling the big issue.
Reply 55
Look what the EU did to my home city... so British taxpayers paid so our factories can be closed down and moved elsewhere because quote-"Instead, the Commission decided that Trnava deserved the jobs more than Coventry

The European Commission stalled £187 million of extra investment in Peugeot's Ryton plant while conducting its longest ever inquiry into state aid.
At the same time it used cash supplied by British taxpayers to subsidise the building of the Trnava plant in Slovakia

Awww how nice of them! How many are they each taking in then?
Reply 57
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Awww how nice of them! How many are they each taking in then?

You want them you house them is what I say. But no we are talking about leftists the most hypocritical group on the planet.
Reply 58
Ed usually preaches that we need more immigration I am sure he has space in his mansion since it has got 2 kitchens after all:wink:
Original post by SuperWolfPaws
I 'm quite left wing myself, but, seeing what divisions are created when there is higher immigration, i have seen it tends to depress and divide a community, people cutting themselves off and blaming each other. Also why would an employer increase wages, when there are so many willing to do it for peanuts.

Minimum wage needs to be upped. Education needs to be better invested in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending