The Student Room Group

What uni would you suggest for me?

Hi,

I'm having trouble looking for a uni which can suit me because most of my friends and relatives study in the US while I'm interested in the UK.

I'm an IB student taking 4 HL courses (1 of it is a second language, Indonesian, which is fast track which is the reason why I'm able to take it)
My IB predicted grade is around 32-34. (435-479 UCAS points)
My HLs are English Lit/Lang, Business & Management, Psychology and Indonesian B.
My SLs are Biology and Math Studies.

I have an extensive CV, establishing a few charities and working with big companies as well as having ran my own online shop for 3 years.

What uni would you suggest for me? I want to say that a lot of US universities seem to accept me (more extra curricular activities than just grades) but I am really persistent about going to the UK, preferably London or a cosmopolitan area as I grew up in bustling cities like Jakarta and Singapore.

Any input or recommendations are highly appreciated! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by missetudex
Hi,

I'm having trouble looking for a uni which can suit me because most of my friends and relatives study in the US while I'm interested in the UK.

I'm an IB student taking 4 HL courses (1 of it is a second language, Indonesian, which is fast track which is the reason why I'm able to take it)
My IB predicted grade is around 32-34. (435-479 UCAS points)
My HLs are English Lit/Lang, Business & Management, Psychology and Indonesian B.
My SLs are Biology and Math Studies.

I have an extensive CV, establishing a few charities and working with big companies as well as having ran my own online shop for 3 years.

What uni would you suggest for me? I want to say that a lot of US universities seem to accept me (more extra curricular activities than just grades) but I am really persistent about going to the UK, preferably London or a cosmopolitan area as I grew up in bustling cities like Jakarta and Singapore.

Any input or recommendations are highly appreciated! :smile:

Figure out the course you want to do then the uni.

Nice to see another expat kid!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman
Figure out the course you want to do then the uni.

Nice to see another expat kid!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I forgot to mention that I'm interested in taking Management (with Marketing) as an Undergraduate student. :smile:
If you want to take Business Management at a good uni, you need to at least have Math SL (not studies).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending