Scroll to see replies

Original post by no pain gain
Yes, you can compare the difficulty :yes:

I only have the a levels in maths and sciences but i havent done psychology

But i seen the psychology exam papers and they seem easy :yes:

It is only logical to think that at degree level it will be the same
Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, wow.

You saw some papers, so you think that equips you to chime in and tell people that therir course is 'more mickey mouse' (whatever that means). Instead of assigning courses with varying levels of mickeymouse-ness, respect that all these degrees are useful for different careers.
Nope :hand:

You just butthurt that you chose a mickey mouse subject

Awwh, sweetheart. :jumphug:
Posted from TSR Mobile

You think nursing is mickey mouse? Hope you never end up in hospital mate.
Original post by KittyAnneR
You think nursing is mickey mouse? Hope you never end up in hospital mate.

I dont think you understand (but i never expected you to understand. You do mickey mouse subjects so it is expected that you cant grasp my level of logic)

By mickey mouse i mean it is easy

So yes nursing is mickey mouse but it can be useful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one is comparing the difficulty. There's no need to compare courses because they each take you to a different place/career after. You might want to take your snobbery somewhere else :-)
Original post by stemmery
Are you like a master recruiter or something? Hahaha can't even humour you anymore.

No. I'm doing a masters degree at the moment, but I'm actually not really enjoying it.

Do you have a psychology degree, or in the process of doing one? What does psychology at BA/BSc level enable you to do?

I have one, and it didn't really significantly increase my options when applying for jobs...

Posted from TSR Mobile

At degree level psychology I have heard both are somewhat different. I didn't do A level psych though.
But I assume at A level there isn't a great deal of neuroanatomy, physiology, pharmacology etc., and more of a focus on social and 'psychoanalytic' areas.
I dont think you understand (but i never expected you to understand. You do mickey mouse subjects so it is expected that you cant grasp my level of logic)

By mickey mouse i mean it is easy

So yes nursing is mickey mouse but it can be useful

Posted from TSR Mobile

HAHAHA nursing is easy. Okay. To be honest, that comment did make me laugh, mostly because you're an A level student still.

Please tell me what is easy about a nursing degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. A-level psychology and degree level psychology aren't even comparable, entirely different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
These A-Level students are going to get a real big shock when they get to Uni.
HAHAHA nursing is easy. Okay. To be honest, that comment did make me laugh, mostly because you're an A level student still.

Please tell me what is easy about a nursing degree.

if having to do 4600 hours or failing the whole course and do 12 hour shifts in practice is easy, i wonder what on earth that poster thinks is hard :wink:
anyone on here done psychology at uni and is well off now@?
Original post by claireestelle
if having to do 4600 hours or failing the whole course and do 12 hour shifts in practice is easy, i wonder what on earth that poster thinks is hard :wink:

Standing up all day sometimes without a break and not being able to go for a wee, whilst being shouted at, belittled, underappreciated, put on by other staff and treated like a servant, all with a constant risk of being physically attacked? Not to mention doing all the above for a medium-low wage and having to do it with a smile! Yeah, so easy lol.

(I know nurses)
(edited 8 years ago)
Standing up all day sometimes without a break and not being able to go for a wee, whilst being shouted at, belittled, underappreciated, put on by other staff and treated like a servant, all with a constant risk of being physically attacked? Not to mention doing all the above for a medium-low wage and having to do it with a smile! Yeah, so easy lol.

(I know nurses)

would rep if i could. I presume that poster made the comment without even bothering to google what is involved in being a nurse or how difficult it is to even get onto a nursing degree, how could it be a mickey mouse subject if most applicants can struggle to get a place on the course.
Within academia it's considered micky mouse, however you could still probably get a reasonable job with it if you get a high grade.
Original post by claireestelle
would rep if i could. I presume that poster made the comment without even bothering to google what is involved in being a nurse or how difficult it is to even get onto a nursing degree, how could it be a mickey mouse subject if most applicants can struggle to get a place on the course.

All we can do really is laugh at the ignorance :laugh::laugh::laugh:
All we can do really is laugh at the ignorance :laugh::laugh::laugh:

laugh and hope they wouldnt dare voice that opinion to a nurse that was treating them
I would not say it is mickey mouse (I read psychology books in my free time, I find it fascinating). However, I do think it is harder to get a job in that field, from what I have heard.
Original post by Quantex
No.

However the problem with psychology is many students going into assuming they will become psychologists (generally clinical). Only a tiny percentage actually will.

What do the rest go into, then?
Original post by asmuse123
What do the rest go into, then?

A wide variety of jobs....

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/options_psychology.htm
I'll have to admit, the degree really isn't challenging at all. I also know a lot of psychology graduates who ended up working in school-leaver positions in retail and catering.

We absolutely need psychologists. What we don't need is 10,000 psychology graduates every year.

Latest

Trending

Trending