The Student Room Group

Clearing help needed ASAP!!

I want to take Law but have been given a UOB offer for Geo. I don't want to take this offer but I accepted whilst thinking I could convert to Law soon. My plan is to somehow get into Law in future as a profession but everyone seems to crap on Aston and I fail to see why. Besides the fact that it isn't a Russell group uni, it seems to be a very strong university for Law and lots of people who went there get training contracts from what I see on linkedin. I know my chances of getting a job would probably be higher if i suck it up and take UOB Geography, but I genuinely think I might drop out if I don't get to convert to Law. I believe I'll take Aston's offer today, but I'm writing this just in case someone has a better idea preferably ASAP
Original post by Sullystudent
I want to take Law but have been given a UOB offer for Geo. I don't want to take this offer but I accepted whilst thinking I could convert to Law soon. My plan is to somehow get into Law in future as a profession but everyone seems to crap on Aston and I fail to see why. Besides the fact that it isn't a Russell group uni, it seems to be a very strong university for Law and lots of people who went there get training contracts from what I see on linkedin. I know my chances of getting a job would probably be higher if i suck it up and take UOB Geography, but I genuinely think I might drop out if I don't get to convert to Law. I believe I'll take Aston's offer today, but I'm writing this just in case someone has a better idea preferably ASAP

Taking a subject you dont want to do is foolish. Universities only offer you this kind of course to fill their vacancies. If Law is what you want to do then go for Aston.
Reply 2
I was thinking the same. I believed they only offered me it because it was one of the few courses still left for clearing and then I accepted as my teachers all pushed me to do so. They keep reiterating how Aston will be harder to get jobs and how I'll basically be stuck with what Rishi would call a "Mickey Mouse" degree. I'm honestly so much more confused after asking them as they want me to pursue an "academic" degree rather than Law but I don't see how Law limits me when a lot of people with a degree in Law end up working elsewhere anyway. At this point, taking a gap year to air my thoughts out may well be helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending