The Student Room Group

Cheating on Coursework

Okay, the title of the thread is a little far off the truth but I couldn't think of how to put it.

Recently I missed a coursework deadline due to personal circumstances, I informed my personal tutor / the university and submitted an extenuating circumstances form, allowing me to submit the assignment 10 working days after the deadline with no penalty.

Upon receiving validation of this I emailed the module leader to let them know it was happening.

The problem is that earlier today the module leader posted the solutions to the coursework online, with my extended deadline is later this week.

I haven't yet completed the assignment (or looked at the solutions) but I am unsure if it's even worth completing the work as while I haven't looked at the solutions I may be accused of it making the work I do toward the assignment basically pointless.

I am unsure how to proceed and wondered if this had happened to anyone else or people know what the process that happens with this is.
Reply 1
Email the module leader and your personal tutor urgently and let them know. Each uni can make its own rules so there's no way of being sure, but you'll probably have to do a different piece of coursework and submit it during the resit period (with the mark uncapped) over the summer.

Don't worry. You've done all that you needed to for your extension and your module leader is in the wrong. It might prove an inconvenience for you, but you shouldn't be penalised as long as you tell people as soon as you can and get advice on what to do about it before you even think about submitting anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending