The Student Room Group

Is this cheating?

Is this cheating? So me & my boyfriend have been together around 3 years and I woke up to a message from a girl saying that she was out and my boyfriend brought her a drink they exchanged numbers and he phoned her a lot asking her to go back to his hotel room she showed my screen prints of his number and how many times he phoned her etc. do you think if anything physical happens she’s of said? And he is saying he never asked her to come back to the hotel. would you leave him? I’m really stuck
Original post by Anonymous #1
Is this cheating? So me & my boyfriend have been together around 3 years and I woke up to a message from a girl saying that she was out and my boyfriend brought her a drink they exchanged numbers and he phoned her a lot asking her to go back to his hotel room she showed my screen prints of his number and how many times he phoned her etc. do you think if anything physical happens she’s of said? And he is saying he never asked her to come back to the hotel. would you leave him? I’m really stuck

Why would she show you screen prints of their conversation without his permission? You should inform the police of a breach to his personal privacy.

I don't think you should leave him. Speak to him and move on. Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Wired_1800
Why would she show you screen prints of their conversation without his permission? You should inform the police of a breach to his personal privacy.

I don't think you should leave him. Speak to him and move on. Good luck

What if they kissed. Would you still move on?
Reply 3
He is saying he never asked her to come back to the hotel, what is he saying about all the phoning and everything?
Reply 4
Original post by Haruspe
He is saying he never asked her to come back to the hotel, what is he saying about all the phoning and everything?

He admits he phoned her but apparently never said that
Reply 5
The drink and the phoning alone are pretty much certain evidence of intent to cheat
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
The drink and the phoning alone are pretty much certain evidence of intent to cheat

Yes exactly, what is his excuse for those?? Maybe he didn't invite her back, but why was he phoning and buying her drinks?

No. You should end it, if there were physical contact like kissing or sex. If it was just chatting, i would not end things.

Both physical and sexual wouldn’t you class that as cheating 🤔
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Zarek

If he didn’t physically cheat would you still class this as cheating due to these things like buying the drink and phoning?
Reply 10
If he didn’t physically cheat would you still class this as cheating due to these things like buying the drink and phoning?

If he would have cheated had he not been rejected, then it is pretty clear where things stand. You have to decide if you want to give him the benefit of what little doubt exists
Reply 11
I already forgave him for kissing someone before we came official not sure if that’s even irrelevant tho

Ask the girl for more details but in the direction that its going in, yeah he probs wanted to cheat.

Not technically cheating, but still unacceptable intent to do so. I'd want to do my own research though, I wouldn't just take a randos word for it.

I'm a guy and I have a girlfriend of several years but also my best friend is a female (different to my gf) and we are very close so much to the point of being in the same bed on occasion (only to sleep nothing sexual) and respect each other's boundaries.

I'm not saying your boyfriend is the same as me but just be aware not every man wants to get into the knickers of any female that isn't the gf 🙂 make sure you have concrete proof he has cheated or tried to cheat first if you are considering accusing him.
(edited 2 months ago)

Could be that he is not loyal to you, but as long as you are not sure that he had not even done a physical approach, it is not cheating. That is speculative.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending