The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Best gym in Cardiff

Hi,

I'm moving to Cardiff in the summer. I'm a keen powerlifter and I'm just wondering where the best place would be for me to train in Cardiff. I know both Cardiff uni and Cardiff Met have a gym and there's also a place called Fit Cardiff.

I'm quite particular about how busy the place gets, the opening times, the type of bars that are there etc (I'm a bit fussy, I've been spoilt at my uni!)

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a heads up!

Thanks!
Reply 1
Also interested in this for the same reason.
Not looking for a commercial gym that will have most of it's money invested into cardio machines. But looking for a gym with plenty of power racks, olympic bars and free weights!

Any help?!
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Reply 2
Dave's gym in roath, awesome power lifting gym decent price!
Reply 3
Original post by mikehigg
Dave's gym in roath, awesome power lifting gym decent price!

I checked it out, looks pretty nice but it is so far from where I would be living. Know any others? 50minute walk seems a bit far, but I will definitely consider it because it looks pretty great with the classes run as well.
Reply 4
That's the best non franchise gym I know of man, the only other two I've used is easy gym and pure gym.
They are cheap there is a lot of squat racks, deadlift platforms and benches in easy gym and they don't complain when you go heavy and decent music.
Pure gym is lacking on the free weights section but it's open 24/7 which is handy sometimes .
That's all I know sorry buddy.
Reply 5
Original post by mikehigg
That's the best non franchise gym I know of man, the only other two I've used is easy gym and pure gym.
They are cheap there is a lot of squat racks, deadlift platforms and benches in easy gym and they don't complain when you go heavy and decent music.
Pure gym is lacking on the free weights section but it's open 24/7 which is handy sometimes .
That's all I know sorry buddy.

Thanks anyway mate you've been a good help.

I'm likely to go with Dave's gym because of the MMA and Muay Thai.
I checked out Pure Gym because of the other thread (in Cardiff Uni, not Cardiff Met Uni) but yeah the dumbbells only go up to 36kg which is not enough.
Reply 6
No problem man , Good luck and may the PB 's be heavy and often!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending