The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Accommodation at Cardiff Uni

My son is hoping to attend Cardiff next year (Sept 2024), to study Zoology. We're looking at the accommodation, any advice on which ones are better?
Original post by JennieGrover
My son is hoping to attend Cardiff next year (Sept 2024), to study Zoology. We're looking at the accommodation, any advice on which ones are better?

Hi!

The most comfortable accomodation is probably any of the Talybont buildings, as they all have ensuite, in comparison to other accomodations which are shared bathrooms. It is typically a 20 minute walk to campus and the biosciences building, where the course will be based in.

Students tend to really like University Hall as well, which has en-suite options. The only downside is that its quite far, but the university does offer a free bus to campus that operates hourly until a certain time.

Adam Street Gardens is quite nice as well. Its owned by a private company, Unite Students, but sometimes they reserve beds for certain universities. It's very close to the city center, just a few minute walks to the arcades, but is also a 20min-30min walk.

The closest option for the Zoology course would probably be Senghennydd Hall/Court, as it is essentially on the same road as the student union, just a few buildings down! It's right in the middle of campus, but it is shared bathrooms, so it depends if your son would be comfortable with that.

Let me know if you had any other questions! :smile:

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by CardiffUni Rep 2
Hi!
The most comfortable accomodation is probably any of the Talybont buildings, as they all have ensuite, in comparison to other accomodations which are shared bathrooms. It is typically a 20 minute walk to campus and the biosciences building, where the course will be based in.
Students tend to really like University Hall as well, which has en-suite options. The only downside is that its quite far, but the university does offer a free bus to campus that operates hourly until a certain time.
Adam Street Gardens is quite nice as well. Its owned by a private company, Unite Students, but sometimes they reserve beds for certain universities. It's very close to the city center, just a few minute walks to the arcades, but is also a 20min-30min walk.
The closest option for the Zoology course would probably be Senghennydd Hall/Court, as it is essentially on the same road as the student union, just a few buildings down! It's right in the middle of campus, but it is shared bathrooms, so it depends if your son would be comfortable with that.
Let me know if you had any other questions! :smile:
Thank you for your reply. Talybont is definitely on the top of his list, as is Adam Street Gardens. He’s also looked at Ty Pont, do you know what that’s like? He definitely wants an en-suite!
Original post by JennieGrover
Thank you for your reply. Talybont is definitely on the top of his list, as is Adam Street Gardens. He’s also looked at Ty Pont, do you know what that’s like? He definitely wants an en-suite!

Hi! Yes I do! Whilst the outside doesn't look the most pleasant, it's a really nice place to live! All the Unite Students en-suite rooms are pretty much the same quality, so you wouldn't be getting anything different to Adam Street Gardens (minus the gym and extra amneties). The staff are lovely and its a bit of a shorter walk than Adam Street Gardens. I will say though double check the availability, as looking at the website, Cardiff University reserves the studios whilst Cardiff Metropolitan has reserved the en-suite rooms.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending