The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Anyone know what Medicinal Chemistry (BSc) is like at Cardiff University?

I applied to Cardiff Uni for medicine but they unfortunately rejected me. However, they gave me an alternative offer for medicinal chemistry (BSc) which seems interesting so I’m considering accepting the offer. The thing is, I had never considered this course in the first place so I don’t really understand what it involves or what it entails. Yes, I read through the course overview and the topics do seem interesting to me however there is a lot I don’t really understand what they’re covering. Another thing I would like to know is what it’s like. Anyone who is studying it or studying it at Cardiff or studying at Cardiff I would love to hear your opinions about any of these things (Cardiff uni, med chem bsc, the area, etc.)
I await your responses!
Original post by Aaoxi
I applied to Cardiff Uni for medicine but they unfortunately rejected me. However, they gave me an alternative offer for medicinal chemistry (BSc) which seems interesting so I’m considering accepting the offer. The thing is, I had never considered this course in the first place so I don’t really understand what it involves or what it entails. Yes, I read through the course overview and the topics do seem interesting to me however there is a lot I don’t really understand what they’re covering. Another thing I would like to know is what it’s like. Anyone who is studying it or studying it at Cardiff or studying at Cardiff I would love to hear your opinions about any of these things (Cardiff uni, med chem bsc, the area, etc.)
I await your responses!

Hi! Unfortunately, I don't take medicinal chemistry, but I can tell you a bit about studying at Cardiff! The course itself is part of the School of Chemistry, which is quite a nice looking building 🙂 its known as the Main Building in the uni, and I'll link to more info about it here (in comparison to the medicine course, which is on Heath Campus) It's quite conveniently placed, you have the Student Union and study zones right opposite you, the uni gym, places like Greggs, Costa etc. And behind the Chemistry building are a few parks to wind down. It's worth mentioning that the whole campus is right next to the city centre, which is pretty convenient!

Let me know if you had any other questions about living in Cardiff in particular :smile:

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Following as I am interesting in this course too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending