The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawn_o1
Hate to say it but it's not the best team that wins the league, it's the club with the most resources. Sure you can build a team that knows how to play as a team, without spending money at all, but once their success as a team is evident, the rich mercenaries are out there to pick the team apart

Then why were the United team from 09-13 so successful in the league when Chelsea and City had more resources during that time?
Original post by Arkasia

Nasri mocked the fans mercilessly, even when he played for us he complained about them. Even the least professional player in our team now (probably Szczesny) would know better than to be such a vile ****. Nasri is going to move to some French or Qatari team and will be making headlines for complaining about City, I guarantee it, his attitude is disgusting, and Blanc (?) recognised it. Nasri plays for money which is something I can never support, regardless of the player. Cesc moved to Barca because he wanted them, and they wanted him, then moved to Chelsea because they could promise good football, and because we rejected him. Something clearly went wrong at Barca, because in his last season he played virtually every game, so it's not as if he had a lack of football. When something messes up behind the scenes like that, you cant 'fight for your dream', especially not at a ruthless business like Barca, who can just buy another WC talent whenever they want.

It was only untill the 'fans' started abusing him while he was still an Arsenal player that he got annoyed. He never claimed to be a 'gooner' (unlike Cesc).

Blanc said the same about Benzrma too. Wenger never said a bad word about Nasri, and he continued to play for us despite wanting to leave (unlike Cesc).
Still hasn't sunk in that Cech is a gooner
Original post by AR_95
Still hasn't sunk in that Cech is a gooner

Peter Cech is magic...
Still hasn't sunk in that c**ts clapped off Cesc. Ban all of them for life.
ClockEnder posts a comment, is it something positive about Arsenal or our fans? You bet your ****ing life it isn't, starting to think it's another account run by Shed tbf
#obsessed
Original post by leinad2012
ClockEnder posts a comment, is it something positive about Arsenal or our fans? You bet your ****ing life it isn't, starting to think it's another account run by Shed tbf

Nope real person behind the screen, just a miserable tw*t of a person.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Nope real person behind the screen, just a miserable tw*t of a person.

Fair enough, at least you don't deny it. Come on though let's have some positivity, one big signing and we're probably joint favourites for the league.

I really think we should be in for Benzema if he's available, 1 in 2 striker for the last god knows how many seasons, pretty proven in cl too and adds t our French group. If not then Lacazette is a risk worth taking imo, as he can play on the wing too if needed.

Get the feeling we won't sign a CDM which is a shame, Wengs normally shows faith in players and with Coq starting, and Flam, Wilshere and Ox all potential back-ups (if not outstanding ones) I just can't see us signing a central midfielder of any sort
Benzema's a one in two striker because he plays in the best/joint best forward line in the world, has a lot of goals spoon fed to him as well, I dote n't think he'd flop in the PL Di Maria/Falcao so far style, but I don't think he'd be any better than Ozil has been, fair enough he's had a decent last few months but compare his impact to Arsenal on the pitch, not mentality wise just purely on individual performances, and it's not even close when comparing him to someone like Sanchez.

Thought Lacazette was off to PSG last I heard, with a year back on loan at Lyon, but that does seem like a completely retarded deal to me.
Original post by leinad2012
Fair enough, at least you don't deny it. Come on though let's have some positivity, one big signing and we're probably joint favourites for the league.

I really think we should be in for Benzema if he's available, 1 in 2 striker for the last god knows how many seasons, pretty proven in cl too and adds t our French group. If not then Lacazette is a risk worth taking imo, as he can play on the wing too if needed.

Get the feeling we won't sign a CDM which is a shame, Wengs normally shows faith in players and with Coq starting, and Flam, Wilshere and Ox all potential back-ups (if not outstanding ones) I just can't see us signing a central midfielder of any sort

Plenty of positivity, very excited about the rest of the transfer window and for next season. Could genuinely be our biggest in a very long time. It's just our Waitrose fanbase I moan about.
Lol at Benzema ever flopping here, guys a top 5 striker in the world...
lol I'm sure clockender goes to more games than any of you lot
Original post by AR_95
lol I'm sure clockender goes to more games than any of you lot

The supporters who do go to a lot of matches tend to love a good cry and moan about the Arsenal. Lets not forget that time Wenger was booed that was away at Stoke. The more loyal part of our fan base tend to be bit more cynical about Arsenal and especially Wenger in recent times.
Original post by The Shed End
Benzema's a one in two striker because he plays in the best/joint best forward line in the world, has a lot of goals spoon fed to him as well, I dote n't think he'd flop in the PL Di Maria/Falcao so far style, but I don't think he'd be any better than Ozil has been, fair enough he's had a decent last few months but compare his impact to Arsenal on the pitch, not mentality wise just purely on individual performances, and it's not even close when comparing him to someone like Sanchez.

Benzema gets 10-15 assists and 20 goals a season.
Tell me a striker other than Suarez and Messi who has a record like that. He's the main reason why Ronaldo gets so many goals put on a plate for him.

Benzema would absolutely destroy this league. Him, Sanchez, Ozil, Walcott is easily title winning quality.
Only strikers better than him that are currently in the league play for the teams who are first and second and despite Costa being a goal machine and having a better goal scoring record, you'd argue that Benzema is the better overall player.

My only problem with Benzema is that he's a very streaky player but if you got Giroud on the bench don't think Benzema's poor spells of form would affect Arsenal.

Saying that I don't think they'll get him, unless Aguero was to find his way to Madrid.
Thought Lacazette was off to PSG last I heard, with a year back on loan at Lyon, but that does seem like a completely retarded deal to me.

Not really, the aim clearly is to find a replacement for Ibrahimovic, if he's back at Lyon for a year he's got an extra year to improve as first choice, when he'd find it hard to be first choice with Ibrahimovic, Cavani and Lucas there.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sevchenko
The supporters who do go to a lot of matches tend to love a good cry and moan about the Arsenal. Lets not forget that time Wenger was booed that was away at Stoke. The more loyal part of our fan base tend to be bit more cynical about Arsenal and especially Wenger in recent times.

FFS man like I said before I only really moan about our modern middle-class fanbase. In terms of the actual football I love seeing us do well and don't like seeing us lose, but I can deal with us being sh*t as we don't have a god given right to win every game. We're not going to be in the CL and win trophies every season, we're going to go do a Liverpool and end up EL or worse. It's going to happen sooner or later (hopefully later), better to not be a c*nt when it does.
FFS man like I said before I only really moan about our modern middle-class fanbase. In terms of the actual football I love seeing us do well and don't like seeing us lose, but I can deal with us being sh*t as we don't have a god given right to win every game. We're not going to be in the CL and win trophies every season, we're going to go do a Liverpool and end up EL or worse. It's going to happen sooner or later (hopefully later), better to not be a c*nt when it does.

Why would we do a Liverpool?

Strange thing is I was making a general point it wasn't directed at you or your views. I agree with the rest of your post tho
We're not going to be in the CL and win trophies every season, we're going to go do a Liverpool and end up EL or worse. It's going to happen sooner or later (hopefully later), better to not be a c*nt when it does.

On what basis?
There is 0 indication that your team will go downhill so severely.

You don't rely on a few players to carry your team like we did with Torres, Gerrard and Suarez.
When you look at Arsenal, you see a side that can score from anywhere; you see a "team".

Arsenal are a top 4 side; you have some quality players who perform well together on a consistent basis.
You're a regular CL club who can attract top class players, you "doing a Liverpool" is highly unlikely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arsenal could easily go the way of Liverpool/Spurs. The only difference between them and us currently has been Wenger's management and his ability to get into the top four consistently.

Post Wenger there's no guarantee Arsenal will stay in the top 4 on a regular basis. We saw with United the dangers one bad manager can have but Utd have the money and the commercial revenue to bail themselves out Arsenal don't

Latest