The Student Room Group

SPANISH OCR 15th May

anyone else find it really hard??
Reply 1
Original post by 10studentlife
anyone else find it really hard??

Yep, I almost cried.

Everyone in my year found it hard and I worked so hard. All of it has gone to waste, and they probably won't lower the grade boundaries...
Original post by jamestg
Yep, I almost cried.

Everyone in my year found it hard and I worked so hard. All of it has gone to waste, and they probably won't lower the grade boundaries...

Well thank god for that, everybody in my year also found it hard too and well the grade boundries were quite low last year at only 24 for an A..
Reply 3
Well thank god for that, everybody in my year also found it hard too and well the grade boundries were quite low last year at only 24 for an A..

Few, the more and more people I hear who found it hard - the happier I feel. I guessed at least 50% of the answers on the listening and 25% on the reading...
Original post by jamestg
Few, the more and more people I hear who found it hard - the happier I feel. I guessed at least 50% of the answers on the listening and 25% on the reading...

Personally, I found the reading a lot more harder even though I'm usually better at it....
Reply 5
Personally, I found the reading a lot more harder even though I'm usually better at it....

Ah :frown:

The annoying thing is if they do change the grade boundaries, they will be so low - people's grades won't reflect their ability for Spanish but their ability for guessing...
Original post by jamestg
Ah :frown:

The annoying thing is if they do change the grade boundaries, they will be so low - people's grades won't reflect their ability for Spanish but their ability for guessing...

It's true but they wouldn't look good for the whole country to receive low results everywhere.
Reply 7
It's true but they wouldn't look good for the whole country to receive low results everywhere.

True :frown:

OCR sucks massive donkey balls...
Original post by jamestg
True :frown:

OCR sucks massive donkey balls...

I'd be getting A's and B's in past papers, this years was just so much more challenging in comparison...
Reply 9
I'd be getting A's and B's in past papers, this years was just so much more challenging in comparison...

That's literally the same for me. I was getting As and Bs in the listenings with As and A*s in the readings.

Then along comes the 2015 paper, and BOOM most difficult paper.
Reply 10
I did the foundation paper. The 2014 mock was alright, I got a high C grade with approximately 90% of the paper correct. This year even the first question was challenging, the last question was much more difficult that 2014. However, the grade boundries will hopefully be lower.
Original post by xDan
I did the foundation paper. The 2014 mock was alright, I got a high C grade with approximately 90% of the paper correct. This year even the first question was challenging, the last question was much more difficult that 2014. However, the grade boundries
will hopefully be lower.

Agreed.
Original post by ceryshughes
I loved the first question on the higher listening, and also i liked two of the questions on the higher reading, but a lot of it was just guessing, hoping for an A overall due to my coursework :biggrin:

What are you?! :wink:
I found listening hard, but reading easy (I'm Portuguese so I understood reading easily)
I found it to be much harder than any of the papers I'd done in the past (pretty much everyone I spoke to didn't like it at all!) - especially in the listening, where it seemed like they'd sped everyone up by 2.5X to 'native Spanish' speed! :frown: :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending