The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR History workload

so i’ve already asked a similar question on this forum before so i’m sorry for reposting it.. just need to ask:
would triple science, maths, english, drama, spanish, computer science, history (and maybe further maths) be too much of a workload? I have to choose between history and geo really soon and apparently geo is easier and takes less time. i’m aiming for all nines, so if anyone does the same number of gcses as me and takes history, how is/was it?
also anyone with all 9s who took history?

the time that I have to bc goose my gcses is getting closer so i’m rather (very) desperate
(edited 3 months ago)
Didn't quite get all nines (missed it by a single 8 ) but did 12 GCSEs in total with 11 of those in the same year (triple science, maths (early), english, history, geography, spanish computer science, statistics, further maths) and taught myself the history specification. It obviously depends on what sort of student you are and how hard you are going to have to work for those 9s but personally, I found the workload pretty manageable and still kept up loads of extracurriculars out of school as well. In terms of geography vs history, I didn't really find that the workloads differed significantly although, obviously, if you aren't great at essay writing etc history may not be for you. My advice: the workload will probably be similar whatever so focus on doing things that you enjoy.

Quick Reply

Latest