Original post by Valyrian
What the fudge is an Alice test

Only a year 12 thing http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1079378

So you're not in year 12?
B in chem 232
C in bio 199
C in maths 203
D in economics 114
I want to do dentistry think I just screwed that up do you think I should remark anything and if I have any chsbce of applying to dentistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3623
Original post by Valyrian
So you're not in year 12?

I am, I forgot that they are only year 12:colondollar: part of me thought that it was one in year 12 and one in year 13...
I received C in PE and psychology and D in chem and E in bio. I want to do physiotherapy at uni, and am also getting psychology remarked as I got an A in one unit and was surprised to get a D in the other. Have I got a chance at getting into my course????
Original post by cherrycola98
Congrats!! I got an A too :biggrin:

Woop! Congrats!!
I got AAAB

My economics was 1 raw mark and 2 UMS off an A even though I got 117/150 when for an A the boundaries were 116

Is it worth asking for a remark and when's the deadline for requesting a remark?

I got 90 UMS a high A on paper 2 and 68 - a high C on the other
Reply 3627
Original post by Emilymolly19
I got AAAB

My economics was 1 raw mark and 2 UMS off an A even though I got 117/150 when for an A the boundaries were 116

Is it worth asking for a remark and when's the deadline for requesting a remark?

If it's one mark off in my opinion it's not worth it because you'll still have a really good shot at getting an A next year and it could easily go down too.

Deadline is sometime in September I think
I got AAAB

It's tricky to decide, as you need to remember a remark can always bring your grade down, and while you probably wouldn't go down an entire grade, dropping a few marks would make it more difficult next year :redface:
The other thing you need to consider is how subjective economics is- subjects like maths and science are unlikely to change in a remark, whereas ones like history and English are. How strict would you say the mark schemes are in economics- more like English or maths?
Original post by Aph
If it's one mark off in my opinion it's not worth it because you'll still have a really good shot at getting an A next year and it could easily go down too.

Deadline is sometime in September I think

I don't think I'm planning on continuing with economics but it would be nice to have an A in it if I have a shot at it? How long does it take to find out the remark mark
Reply 3630
I don't think I'm planning on continuing with economics but it would be nice to have an A in it if I have a shot at it? How long does it take to find out the remark mark

If you pay for a priority remark (deadline is Friday) you would know by the 31st. But I wouldn't advise this as it's mainly for A2 students who did poorly so they can still go to uni.

A normal re-mark takes 30 days.

Like I said personally I wouldn't but it is ultimately your choice
Reply 3631
@Gingerbread101 10 on the dot?
Ok everyone- this marks the end of year 12! You'll all be moving up to the year 13 thread now, which is over here. I hope your AS results were what you wanted :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
People, make your way to the new year 13 thread for the next academic year.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3507947

:woo:

Latest