The Student Room Group

OCR MEI S2: 5th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by idk12345
Can anyone confirm that S2 can count towards AS FM- as I took 8 modules this year (year 12) of which I can't include C3 this year, but from the applied modules I have M1 S1 S2 D1. I flopped D1 quite badly in the hope that it would be the module that isn't going to be included this year in my AS certification if I do well in every other applied module.

S2 can 'count' for A Level Maths if S1 is included in the 6 modules as well.
It can 'count' for AS FM if S1 is included in the 6 Maths modules or is another one of the 3 AS FM modules.

S2, however, is an A2 module. So it can also count towards your 3 A2 modules >= 270/300 to qualify for A* in A Level FM.
Original post by Mathbomb
I would appreciate it a lot :biggrin:

11304363_1014121345265258_1068319255_n.jpg
Anyone got the second page of the question paper?
Would 69 marks be 95+ ums? For this exam
Well and truly fu**ed.

The grade boundary is as high as snoop dog!
Original post by Velocity_
Well and truly fu**ed.

I feel you :frown: I was counting on scraping an A, expecting it to be like 62 marks max lmao

65/72 for an A is mad :frown:
Well and truly fu**ed.

Original post by anunoriginaluser
I feel you :frown: I was counting on scraping an A, expecting it to be like 62 marks max lmao

65/72 for an A is mad :frown:

Maybe it just means we all did well? :smile: Stay positive all!
65 raw marks to get an A? What the...? I was relying on this because my c4 didn't go so well, and now I found out both are incredibly high! MEI is horrible
Original post by avfcfan
65 raw marks to get an A? What the...? I was relying on this because my c4 didn't go so well, and now I found out both are incredibly high! MEI is horrible

Why didn't my school just do bloody Edexcel like normal people... :/
Well and truly fu**ed.

Even Snoop Dogg would think over 90% raw for 80% UMS is comparatively high.
Original post by Cadherin
Why didn't my school just do bloody Edexcel like normal people... :/

Amen to that brother.
Original post by Hopefulbunny
Amen to that brother.

I mean, S2, granted was an easy paper - 65/72 is excessive, but understandable if everyone aced it.

But, for many (myself included), FP1 was horrific, so why the hell is it 62/72 for an A?! I wish they'd give us papers of consistent difficulty, rather than papers where grade boundaries vary between 48/72 and 63/72 for an A. :/
For a considered opinion by a neutral expert see page 425 of the STEP prep thread 2015. Dfranklin makes a number of very interesting observations some of which have more general application to the exams set by OCR. I think many of us will recognise the unwelcome validity of his conclusions.
I don't protest that it is fair to adjust the grade boundaries based on the difficulty, but it's horrendous to set a paper considered so easy by the candidates that a single mistake drops them a grade. Someone needs to review why on Earth they're repeating questions from past years (FP2) which is frankly BS and rewards memorisation instead of logic, and setting papers so straightforward (S2) IMO.
Original post by anunoriginaluser
I don't protest that it is fair to adjust the grade boundaries based on the difficulty, but it's horrendous to set a paper considered so easy by the candidates that a single mistake drops them a grade. Someone needs to review why on Earth they're repeating questions from past years (FP2) which is frankly BS and rewards memorisation instead of logic, and setting papers so straightforward (S2) IMO.

^this:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got 58 raw marks... 0_o

Piss take in that it could have been an A or AT LEAST a B.
I still got a decent grade in maths, C, so i'll take it when i thought i got a D
i got 58 raw marks... 0_o

Piss take in that it could have been an A or AT LEAST a B.
I still got a decent grade in maths, C, so i'll take it when i thought i got a D

ignore my post
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending