The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
But what about the booze, boy? Cambridge means little time for booze.
And you're essentially Irish - booze is in your blood (well, more specifically Guiness and magners)

Just kidding mate :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: Trust me, if I got in I would find some time

Posted from TSR Mobile
This post Jneill. I think I cried while writing it. Now looking at the MML Clare website, I'm afraid they don't even teach Ancient Greek :frown:

I can't do it jneill. I can't apply to Clare. It's a tier 1 and in the top 10 in the Tompkins table. I can't compete will all the guys who will get 100% UMS in all their subjects, and languages are much harder to get 90+ UMS than most stem subjects.

And frankly speaking, my GCSEs weren't outstanding as I didn't know about remarks. My ASs won't be shining either. For Clare college, one of the best in Cambridge? I won't stand I chance. Why should I apply to Clare.

Let's face it. It's pretty definite I'll be rejected.

I wish I could see which languages the applicants chose and the same for the offer holders. I've a mind that German is not as common eh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill

BTW Portora FTW

Posted from TSR Mobile

You bloody knave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This post Jneill. I think I cried while writing it. Now looking at the MML Clare website, I'm afraid they don't even teach Ancient Greek :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know this wasn't meant for me, but honestly don't put to much pressure on yourself concerning what college you want to go to/ are going to apply for. If you ask anybody who have been at their college for more than a month or so, they will with out a doubt say that their college is the best one, if they originally applied for that one or not! :biggrin:
Original post by enaayrah
My location is there you hover over my name :wink: (it's in the UK :tongue:)

I take Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature and I will be hopefully applying to Biological Natural Sciences come September :smile:

How about you?

So many potential NatSci's on this thread!

Ah, Oldham :P I'm from Mile End; I'm studying Philosophy, English Literature, Chemistry and Psychology, hopefully applying for philosophy :u:

I can't do it jneill. I can't apply to Clare. It's a tier 1 and in the top 10 in the Tompkins table. I can't compete will all the guys who will get 100% UMS in all their subjects, and languages are much harder to get 90+ UMS than most stem subjects.

And frankly speaking, my GCSEs weren't outstanding as I didn't know about remarks. My ASs won't be shining either. For Clare college, one of the best in Cambridge? I won't stand I chance. Why should I apply to Clare.

Let's face it. It's pretty definite I'll be rejected.

I wish I could see which languages the applicants chose and the same for the offer holders. I've a mind that German is not as common eh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't really matter what college you apply to. There is going to very little difference in the standard of applicants for different colleges. It is cambridge after all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jordan\
I'm sure you'll end up doing much better than you think you've done!

I'm hoping to apply for Maths: I may end up changing my mind this summer, but at the moment it's definitely set on Maths! You're going for NatSci, yes?

That's what happened for GCSE so I hope thats the case this year too :moon:
Oh okay! Mathmo with two languages is rare :tongue:
And yup I'm natsci
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
That's what happened for GCSE so I hope thats the case this year too :moon:
Oh okay! Mathmo with two languages is rare :tongue:
And yup I'm natsci
Posted from TSR Mobile

I know the usual Mathmo just has Maths, Further Maths and Physics with maybe Chemistry thrown in there, but I'm not the best at sciences so I just never even considered it- even though my Physics teacher spent my parents evening telling my Dad how I should do Physics and how with my Maths it'll be easy :lol:
Original post by Jordan\
I know the usual Mathmo just has Maths, Further Maths and Physics with maybe Chemistry thrown in there, but I'm not the best at sciences so I just never even considered it- even though my Physics teacher spent my parents evening telling my Dad how I should do Physics and how with my Maths it'll be easy :lol:

I guess I am the typical mathmo lol. Maths FM physics and chem here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jordan\

Lol! What's your plan if you change your mind from maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TirnanF

Posted from TSR Mobile

same lol
Original post by Number Nine
same lol

Do you plan on dropping chemistry or keeping all 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eating some Schwarzwälderkirschtorte as we speak

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TirnanF

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest if I had known at the time of choosing my A Levels I would have chosen something similar to you, but oh well 😂 I'll have to give it a go with what I've got!
Original post by TirnanF
Do you plan on dropping chemistry or keeping all 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably keep it, it doesn't look too boring next year
Original post by TirnanF

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, but with econ.
Your family's financial background
The type of school you went to
The area you live in
And wether your school and those in proximity has a steady number of Cambridge applicants?

If that isn't too personal though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I shall reply in 2 or so hours. In the middle of a step mock.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Lol! What's your plan if you change your mind from maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not too sure tbh. Before A Levels I was going to do MML, or just languages in general, and then after my work experience I had thought of doing CompSci, but then you usually end up doing Physics in the first year of that in Cambridge, and then I had just fallen in love with maths along the way, because it's something I just love to do in my spare time *i know, it's sad 👌🏼* I would still possibly consider doing Maths w/ a language or something a long those lines~ or if all else fails I'll just do fine art, haha!
Eating some Schwarzwälderkirschtorte as we speak

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cake, cake, cake and cake :cake:
Original post by physicsmaths
I shall reply in 2 or so hours. In the middle of a step mock.

Oi!

Latest

Trending

Trending