The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Renzhi10122
Lol yeah. Btw, how's the trinity specimen test going along (if you did some today)?

Just got back from school. I am probably going to do some soon. I will say how it goes.
Original post by tridianprime
Just got back from school. I am probably going to do some soon. I will say how it goes.

Wow, your school day ends early (I didn't realise you had school, cos I'm still on study leave).
Wow, your school day ends early (I didn't realise you had school, cos I'm still on study leave).

It was short because only m1 left. I didnt have study leave:frown:
It was short because only m1 left. I didnt have study leave:frown:

Waaaaa, I was under the impression that everyone got study leave... school has started for us again, but we get a day off before every exam (hence why I'm at home)
Original post by Protoxylic
Pretty good, physics is coming together now. Finally getting the AQA awkward wording sorted, that's the annoying bit about AQA. Maths is sorted, Chemistry is sorted. Got my first stint of exams starting tomorrow so you may see my mood slowly deteriorate as the week goes on haha

Hmm, I'll observe :tongue:

Good luck! :h:
Waaaaa, I was under the impression that everyone got study leave... school has started for us again, but we get a day off before every exam (hence why I'm at home)

Do you know if the trinity questions are supposed to have nice solutions like BMO problems or longer less pleasant solutions?
Do you know if the trinity questions are supposed to have nice solutions like BMO problems or longer less pleasant solutions?

They're decently elegant, so yeah, they usually have nice solutions (if you can find them).

Wel the test is one hour long and most problems are pretty quick as renzhi says. Also i think there was one thread with solutions to them.
I remember a few mechanics ones being very quick and easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
£250 a year for Senior Scholars at Trinity - guess where I am applying? Is it bad that this increases my motivation highly. I think I admire the meritocratic nature of it. Free money for people who do well!!! Id probably blow it on something stupid though - I would go insane and buy a bouncy castle that wouldnt fit in my dorm. Then what would they do???!!!! Mwahahahahahahah!:colone:
as far as I'm aware most (probably all of them?) colleges give out scholarship money to students who gained a first, ranging £150-300. Also many departments (maybe all, too?) give award/scholarship to their students with a first, too, ranging anything between £100-300, I think.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by physicsmaths
Wel the test is one hour long and most problems are pretty quick as renzhi says. Also i think there was one thread with solutions to them.
I remember a few mechanics ones being very quick and easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should I feel bad that I don't know where to start on basically all of them?
Everyone ready for Edexcel C3 on Friday?
Original post by Messier31

Hopefully. Have to do m2 tomorrow first though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Number Nine

Not really, alot of them are C3/4 knowledeg.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh shud be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
Hopefully. Have to do m2 tomorrow first though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good Luck! Apparently M2 isn't much worse than M1 in terms of difficulty, any truth to that?
Original post by Number Nine

Question 7 shouldn't be difficult (if you've had a look)
Good Luck! Apparently M2 isn't much worse than M1 in terms of difficulty, any truth to that?

M2 wasnt that bad but it definitely wasnt on the same scale as M1 for easiness.

Yeah as long as you have a good teacher and ignore certain parts of the text book its pretty easy (seriously if you do m2 at some point ignore the whole statics chapter in there the method they use is awful)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, if you haven't seen it already, try q7 of June 2013. It's different, and harder.

Just finished that paper. Q7(iii) was cheeky, I got 2 answers and had to fiddle around until I realised that the component of P's weight down the slope was canceled by the tension in the string so that isn't included in the weight of the block down the slope. I can see that question catching a lot of people out, other than that the paper was standard.
Original post by Protoxylic
Just finished that paper. Q7(iii) was cheeky, I got 2 answers and had to fiddle around until I realised that the component of P's weight down the slope was canceled by the tension in the string so that isn't included in the weight of the block down the slope. I can see that question catching a lot of people out, other than that the paper was standard.

Yeah, I'm not that great with 3rd law... I like to think of it as 'A exerts a force on B, so according to N3, B exerts and equal and opposite force on A' so since weight is the force that the Earth exerts on P, this doesn't cause another force to act on the block. But the reaction force is a force that the block exerts on P, so you get an equal and opposite force acting on the block from that. It's very confusing ...

Latest

Trending

Trending